Requesting addition of a technical forum

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #1  

v8dave

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610
Muhammad et al.:

In various forums here I repeatedly see comments about how the poster can't do this or that. Most frequently is the comment about "I can't post the picture because it is too big."

On another board [motorcycle oriented] I frequent there is an "Other Forum" category soley for help in how to do posts, update profiles, what the options in profiles do, etc. . . The board owner/moderators review the items and occasionally elevates one of the posts to a "Sticky" status. It is by the tips I found on this other board that makes this board easier for me to use.

For instance, it is there that I found a great FREE picture editor-- IrfanView
Posting a comment to this regard each time makes one seem like a know it all. Having a devoted help forum, to point new users to, is a tool all users would be able to refer to--not to just a select few in the know. In fact, your welcome aboard message could do just that.

Muhammad, not wishing to increase your workload, you must have at least one technically savvy moderator that could take oversight of such a forum under his wing. If you do, please consider adding such a forum. This board is so good dispensing tractor advice it would be nice to help the contributors make better use of it.

Best Regards,

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #2  
Everthing you ask for is in the FAQ. If people would do a search for the subject they are looking for, such as reducing picture size, it has all been covered in here.

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #3  
The beauty of TBN is there are sooo many people with knowledge on sooo many subjects, that just about any question, including the ones that you mentioned, get answered before any moderators even see it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think the News/Feedback forum is pretty close to what you suggest already. If I could stress one thing to any new member it would be to read the FAQ, poke around a while, and get familiar with the search function. Try it before asking a question just to see if it has been covered already. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #4  
Yeah, that's what News/Feedback is for. I think users do post... if they have problems.

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I could stress one thing to any new member it would be to read the FAQ, poke around a while, and get familiar with the search function. Try it before asking a question just to see if it has been covered already. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Almost any tractor question that one could think of has already been answered numerous times in the forums. It is the fact that we have new people coming to the site that can add a new "slant" on the old questions that keep it interesting. I just love the Oil, Fuel & Lubricants Forum.... there is no other place at TBN where the same question is asked so often, and the opinions change on a regular basis depending on who is answering.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum
Aw shucks guys, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was just trying to make it even easier for a new user to navigate this great resource. Trying to help 'em even when they won't ask questions here in this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By-the-way, unless I don't know how to run it, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif search doesn't query the FAQ.

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #7  
<font color="blue">By-the-way, unless I don't know how to run it, search doesn't query the FAQ. </font>

Maybe Muhammad could put a blurb in the search tips to refer people to the FAQ section.

/ Requesting addition of a technical forum #8  
<font color="blue"> is no other place at TBN where the same question is asked so often </font>

You got that right! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif