Equipment dealers

/ Equipment dealers #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
If all the equipment dealers that post here place a "go look at my ad" post in all the different tractor brand forums, we'll have a lot of repetitive posts to clutter up the forum. Hopefully the recent splurge from FarWest is not going to open up the flood gates for a surge from all the others (although they probably deserve equal time to be PC).

Seems the dealers can contribute a lot to the discussions, without using the forum to try to advertise their wares.

Maybe I am all wet as to the intent and camaraderie of the forum members.

/ Equipment dealers #2  
Ditto.

And no you are not all wet about this. But then consider the source who is saying that.

/ Equipment dealers #3  
That's why we have moderators. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Equipment dealers #4  
Muhammad,
Not having to due necessaryly with dealers: I maybe stepping over the line here, but don't you think that the few moderators that we have are pretty stretched out? I know that Mark and John haven't been here to moderate for a looong time.

/ Equipment dealers #5  
Yeah, I've planned to invite a few more people to be moderators, soon... since we've lost a few.

/ Equipment dealers #6  
Oooh, I nominate Junkman! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Equipment dealers #7  
<font color="blue">...is not going to open up the flood gates for a surge from all the others...</font>
Don't turn a drip into a river. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FarwestEquip registered on 9/16 at 1:20 PM. He began posting his 6 advertisements at 1:28 PM. Soon thereafter the Moderators were notified and the posts removed. FarwestEquip has not posted since.

<font color="blue"> (although they probably deserve equal time to be PC). </font>
Nope, being PC has nothing to do with it. What FarwestEquip did violated the 9thTBN Term Of Service. Thou shall not...

9. Advertise, offer to sell any goods or services, conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or post links to 3rd party websites, without the permission of TractorByNet.com.

So, not only aren't dealers supposed to do this, neither should anyone else. Occasionally, individuals have done this and I've deleted their post and sent them a PM.

<font color="blue"> Seems the dealers can contribute a lot to the discussions, without using the forum to try to advertise their wares. Maybe I am all wet as to the intent and camaraderie of the forum members. </font>
By and large, all of the approved advertisers are good TBN citizens. All of these types of incidents I can recall were done by non-approved dealers soon after they registered on TBN. While additional moderators will spread the workload to be sure, an army of moderators will not catch this type of aberrant behavior any faster. It takes all the good citizens of TBNville to be alert to TOS violaters and report them, as happened in this situation. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Equipment dealers
MikePa I appreciate your quick action.
Initially I sent FarWestEquip a PM, and got a quick, but defiant response - something about this being a public forum. I didn't think to look up the forum information you referred to, but thought discussing it in this thread would bring it to the surface.
What you said about the 'boiler plate' for the forum makes good sense.

Thanks to you and Muhammed and the others.

/ Equipment dealers #9  
One of the things that amazes me is that people like FarwestEquip think that their chance of selling something improves when they act this way. If they are not responsible enough to follows the rules of the forum, why would anyone trust them enough to buy something from them over the Internet? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif