Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200...

Default All threads marked read in each forum!

I mentioned this in another thread here, but now I am sure this is happening.

If I go into a forum that has multiple threads showing unread posts, and read one thread, then I came back out of that thread by clicking on "index" all the remaining threads show as read, and there are no longer any unread posts in any thread.

I tested this by going into a forum I never read, and the same thing happened there.

When I go back to the main index, I get "Welcome back henro" which I think was always there. I do not get logged off from what I can see, but maybe that is somehow happening and I get logged back on automatically when going back to the main index...

Just a report for anyone interested... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200...

Default Re: All threads marked read in each forum!

Just a follow up report...

What I reported in the above post is not happening on my normal computer. The above post was made from a laptop in my workshop. The laptop is running XP like this computer is, and I think (but don't remember) it has SP2 installed...

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200...

I think the reason had something to do with privacy level setting related to cookies...

I lowered the privacy level (I think I might have been messing around and raised it recently on the computer in question), and while it did not seem to make a difference right away...

The next time I powered up that laptop everything was back to normal.

Guess I should increase the privacy level again just to see it that is the real cause...but I probably won't go to the trouble since things are working fine now.

Veteran Member

its always been like that for me i know nothing else - what is you privacy level set to henro?
    mines on medium at the moment
    thanks

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200...

It's at the medium setting on my normal computer and I think after returning it to the medium setting on the other computer things went back to normal...

What I mean is that things went back to normal, and that happened after I changed the privacy setting back, so I ASSUME that was the reason things went to normal. I do think I had to reboot the computer before things corrected themselves though...at this point I am not really sure...

Veteran Member

my comps always been on medium so maybe its just messed up, ah well thanks for the help

Henro, I know this is an older thread, but I rarely come into this forum. The same thing has happened to me pretty much all along, and I really hate it. I sometimes get interrupted and have to back out of a forum and when I come back, the newer threads are marked as read, and I miss a lot of them.
    Sometimes, this seems to happen to a lot of posts when I've never even gone into that forum for a few days, and the new posts are not marked as unread, so I miss those too. Then I sometimes end up coming into a post at the wrong point and don't realize it, and post something not pertinent to the ORIGINAL thread, which can be embarrasing at times.
    Oh well, I'm just venting I suppose, but I wish I could figure out why this happens. Security setting is at medium, where I prefer to keep it. John

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3010HST R4's, Scag Wildcat ZTR, 61

I never use the index to jump around, I use the thread jump. But I still see some threads that I've read marked as if I had not read it. Opposite problem that you've seen.
    It does not do this all the time. I also visit both from work and from home.
    But, other forums that I frequent do not even try to show what you've read. You have to go thru the whole thread a 2nd or 3rd time to get to where the new posts are. Most of them run vBulletin. No idea what software they use to run TBN but it seems a step above other forums I've visited.

Moon of Ohio

Tractor
    JD 955, 1978 Economy Power King, JD X500

This has been a pet peeve of mine for as long as I have been here. I have asked why this happens before but never got a satisfactory answer. Since I have changed jobs I don't have much time to check this site. When I do, I read a few new topics & think I will come back later & read the ones I didn't get to & they all are marked as read.