Random Logoff

/ Random Logoff #1  

W5FL

Veteran Member
Tractor
TYM T-1104/TX10 Loader Kubota M6800SD/LA1002 Loader Kubota RTV900
I still cannot figure out what causes the random logoff. Really bugs me as I test software for a living, and this one has me stumped. Does anyone else have a clue? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have noticed it when I go to respond to a message, but if you select who's online, it says that you are - so sounds like one end of the software forgets what the other end is doing. Did it this time when went to Main menu.

Thought it might only happen when someone was on line that had a BLUE tractor - and that is the best clue I have. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Random Logoff #2  
Wen, I haven't the foggiest notion of what causes it, but it does happen every once in awhile, and seems like it's always when I'm going to one of the bottom set of forums.

Bird

/ Random Logoff #3  
Now that is what makes no sense to me. I thought for a minute that maybe some forums were created earlier than others and when there may have been some change in the forum creation fuction. However, it doesn't work using that as an example... I'm working on it and will try to have something done about it soon.

msig.gif

/ Random Logoff #4  
It seems to me to be relevant to how many forums you've checked. Just for grins I've lately been starting at the bottom and working towards the top and now it logs me off near the top.

Mark

/ Random Logoff #5  
That might be a clue I hadn't thought of, Mark. It's always happened to me near the bottom after I start at the top, and now about the only time I do that is to clear the little blue numbers off. Instead, I just go the "last 24 hour" and start reading the ones since the last time I logged on and I don't get logged out.

Bird

/ Random Logoff #6  
Well that's a clue... thanks!

msig.gif

/ Random Logoff
Also found that some of the buttons dissappear - in particular the next and index buttons dissappear. I have noticed it after making a post and could not get back to the index. The flat and threaded buttons are still there. More mysteries - but may be connected. I didn't get logged off, though.

/ Random Logoff #8  
Were you in flat or threaded mode? How long was the thread? Which, exactly?

msig.gif

/ Random Logoff
Flat mode. I do not remember the other things, but will watch for it again. It has not happened today, yet. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Random Logoff
Yep, just got logged off again. You must have some of the ISP code in here that just logs you off after a 1/2 hour just to see if you are paying attention. Both of the last two times, it was only when starting to post a message. The who's online still showed logged in, but it was several minutes old. Still no real clues.