Previous/Next function

/ Previous/Next function #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
Muhammad, I have been having problems when I use the previous and next arrows at the end of a subject. When I hit next the subjects are not going up in the order listed in the index. Just thought I would mention it if no one else has.

Thanks for the great site! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Previous/Next function #2  
Mark,

OK, I'm looking into this one, one other report. I'm trying to duplicate the problem. Thanks.

msig.gif

/ Previous/Next function
Muhammad you are fast. If it is any help, I have only noticed the problem in the last two days. May be unrelated but I have asked to "show all" on a subject with several pages and had subject change when it reloaded. Kind of like detective work for you, may be Birds background could help.

/ Previous/Next function #4  
Ok, I have got it limited to only threads with more than one page in flat mode that have the problem. I wasn't getting that because I show 99 posts per flat page and always use threaded. Now, more tests and a fix, I should have something done within a day or two. I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience.

msig.gif

/ Previous/Next function #5  
I've had the same problem, Muhammad, just hadn't said anything yet.

Bird

/ Previous/Next function #6  
MarkV, I'm having the same thing happen, but hadn't said anything because I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start investigating this kind of thing. Didn't do much with computers in my detective days./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Previous/Next function #7  
I'll bet we can figure a way to work around it until you get it fixed, Muhammad. Actually I wish when we went to "flat" mode, it showed all instead of x number per page. And I wasn't going to be first to point out the problem, since the last time it was my computer (or was it just my ignorance?)./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Previous/Next function #8  
I will look into listing all posts per page, I like that idea as well.

I will post a notice when the problem is fixed. I plan to 'dive into it' tomorrow some time.

msig.gif

/ Previous/Next function #9  
I like the all posts to a page, also.

Have noticed that when you post a message, then use NEXT, the system gets confused and goes back to the first post. The reason is really pretty simple, because it puts the last post you make at the top of the stack and then NEXT IS the first post you looked at. Not the way, I wish it worked, but I can see why it works the way it does. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Previous/Next function #10  
I think you're figuring this one out faster than me, Wen! I am not sure, but there might not even be a problem now that I think about it. We have a feature that pulls the thread with the most recent replies to the top of a forum listing of threads. However, the next/previous functions are going by the date on the first message. I guess that's why I couldn't get it to do the same thing twice.

I'll test something out and let you guys know what I decide.

msig.gif