Time of Day

/ Time of Day #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Ok, we just changed it... now set according to the atomic clock. But the server time is CDT, so you will have to adjust your profiles accordingly, to display your time zone properly. Go to http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/editdisplay.pl and in time zone box, enter:

1 for EST
-1 for MST
-2 for PST

Etc...

Thanks!

msig.gif

/ Time of Day #2  
Most interesting. I now have the right time of day. Of course, the date now shows to be 08/08/01 and I thought it was the 9th./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Time of Day #3  
Muhammad, I've noticed for a long time that when someone posts a message when I'm online, the time shown for the time the message was posted hasn't arrived yet. Looks like I'm getting the messages 11 minute before they're posted./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

And at the bottom of the screen, it shows "the adjusted date and time is" . . . And the time shown is 11 minutes later than the actual time here.

Not a problem, but does make me curious. How can that be?

And I just posted this message at 4:55 p.m. (CDT) and it shows the time as 5:07 p.m.

Bird<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 08/08/01 06:08 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Time of Day
Ahh, looks like our server time is off by a bit. We'll try to get that fixed soon. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Thanks for the report...

msig.gif

/ Time of Day #5  
<font color=blue>I'm getting the messages 11 minute before they're posted.</font color=blue>

That new server must be one FAST son-of-a-gun!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Time of Day #6  
Bird,
Please refer to the "Why we can't travel faster than the speed of light " thread, it'll all make sense then. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

signature.JPG

/ Time of Day #7  
Pitbull, I knew someone would come up with the solution./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Harv, I just thought maybe it was so hot in San Antonio that everything was running faster (just before the melt down)./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Time of Day
Yeah, I just caught that. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Should be ok now...

msig.gif

/ Time of Day #9  
Very good!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird