It Lasted......

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / It Lasted...... #1  

johnday

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower
The peace lasted how long, week and a half, two weeks? Is it possible we're being attacked by Trolls from Middle Earth? Until a few days ago, I didn't know what a troll was, but now I'm wondering. I was PMed today by what I consider one of the more knowledgable members, he said, I think I just quit!!!
Moderators, can anything be done? The petty bickering in the buying and pricing forum has to come under control, it's causing longtime members to quit.
I guess I'm asking my percieved trolls, or telling if you will, to grow up or leave, the arguing and confrontational posts are NOT welcome. Guys that have been around the block many times, are being shot at by ones that haven't even been to the block yet.
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ It Lasted...... #2  
It would be nice if the members who speak of leaving would at least PM me and explain why. Several times I have been able to resolve issues when I know what's going on. But when things go on behind the scenes, in PMs, I have no way of knowing.

So, speak up. Let me know who, or what in particular is going on and I'll do my best to take care of it.

Think of me as the TBN tip line. I'm a big proponent of banning trolls and trouble makers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ It Lasted...... #3  
It seems that we are loosing a lot of the old time members that were frequent posters with a vast knowledge base at a faster rate of attrition than normal. I also received a message this week from another long time member saying that he wasn't coming back to TBN. I believe that the problems are much more difficult to solve without intervention by the management. I have run out of fingers on one hand counting the people that I know that have left in the last 6 months in disgust. I believe that it is more than just the forum members changing the complexion of the site. The waters seem calm on the surface, but the undercurrent is treacherous and deadly. If this epidemic isn't reversed, then I see serious problems for the future getting posts answered by knowledgeable people. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ It Lasted...... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have run out of fingers on one hand counting the people that I know that have left in the last 6 months in disgust.)</font>

Junk,

I've run out of fingers in the past week or 2. All were highly regarded veteran members.

Sad to see them go and I understand why from PM's and e-mails received.

Muhammad - As I was informed when I first started here, PM's are in fact "private" so I can't forward their content to you. I'll e-mail these guys and let them know about your post above.

Brian

/ It Lasted...... #5  
Hmmm, I've not noticed anything abnormal with this site or it's members -- I guess I have blinders on. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ It Lasted......
Dave; Take a look at the "new tractor" post in buying and pricing. The long time members that I've PMed with have not pointed this particular thread out, but, in my opinion, it is just an example of what's driving them away. I've only been here just short of two years, but been around machines more than three quarters of my life, and am new to these little tractors of ours, but, and thats a big BUT, I find myself shying away from posting anything in that forum, for fear I may start an exchange with what I, for one, am accussing of being a troll. If in fact the ones I'm referring to aren't trolls, I'm only asking that they cleanup, or ship out, before we lose anymore valuable long time guys.

Dave, check it out for yourself, and see what you think. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ It Lasted......
Brian; I've PMed Bob Skurka, Vin, and, cowboydoc, lately. I can PM them again if you haven't to have them touch base with Muhammad. Also, I'm a little concerned about Mith, it;s not like him to be this quiet, but I know he was going on holiday sometime this month I beleive.
johnday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It Lasted...... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..........Take a look at the "new tractor" post in buying and pricing. .............)</font>

Specifically, which forum.... Kubota, Kioti, JD, etc?????

/ It Lasted......
Junk; Buying/Pricing/Comparisons, thread titled "new tractor", also there is another thread in that forum, that is going the same route. Can't recall the name, but it's similar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Went back and looked, it's "tractor Purchase". Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It Lasted...... #10  
Thanks..... that is a forum that I rarely visit... Here is a link to the thread...... Wonder if it will be closed or deleted now that you have pointed it out?????? Junk.....

OK...... I have just read all 3 pages of it and don't find any problems. Sure people are expressing their opinions, but I don't see any heavy handed pushing of any one brand or bashing of another. Am I reading the wrong thread or am I just so jaded that I am missing the flames????

Status
Not open for further replies.