Your comments please

/ Your comments please #1  

daedong

Veteran Member
I do not feel my presence is any longer wanted on this forum. And I am offended and confused by it, I have been around this forum since about 2002 (not sure may have been even earlier as threads were lost at one time). In all my post I have never been offensive to anyone. If anyone has taken offence they certainly have miss understood my comments. I have contributed to this forum with some valuable and interesting comments and photos e.g. houseboat building pictures and information. I don’t replicate my comments with stuff like what to put in your tires as ballast.

I posted a comment in the thread about "Politics Forum" My comments were lighthearted innocuous comments basically saying I did not support a thread of this kind. So why was it deleted? Because it was written in a dismissive way and was not said in a serious way. (deleted)

I posted a joke that was once again was lighthearted, Tractor related and acceptable for 3yr olds to 103yr olds (Deleted)

I guess that 10,000 deaths thread was also deleted because of my presence in that, which I felt I was very careful with my comments.

Thank you
VIN

/ Your comments please #2  
VIN,
I seriously doubt if those deleted threads/posts were a direct reflection on how we feel about you and your knowledge. I did feel that the joke(s) would be deleted, since they are not proper to post on TBN.
Please stick around /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Your comments please #3  
I don't quite have Junkman's knack for it, but since I'm replying I may be inadvertantly dooming your thread. Oh well, my comments:

I know it says no jokes, but I got a kick out of your tractor joke [in a gut wrenching sort of way /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif] and did see the "tractor" relevance, as much as most any thing else in related topics.

I know there was quite a bit of mud starting to rise in one or two of the Katrina threads, so my best guess there is the moderators got so swamped they took the shotgun approach to that and anything else remotely political right now. Only a guess.

Anyway, I missed your humor during your vacation. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Especially, if for no other reason than I'm not the only one spontaneously inclined to spice even my informational posts with humor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Your comments please #4  
Stick around, as I assume you enjoy reading some or all of the threads about tractors.
Politics and jokes get out of hand, when the door is opened by what I observe on other forums. Usually I leave them if the moderators don't do something about them early on.
One great forum started with some jokes (not offensive either), but which then leapfrogged to more and more 'adult' themes as people were 'reminded' of a joke they heard. Just pushing the envelope, like our TV media /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif ,to see how far they could go.
If we want a good forum, it needs to be taken care of. Sorry to hear that you were offended, and I was interested in your boat project - not about CUT's, but interesting.
If you like CUT's, then there isn't a better place to be than here. If not interested in CUT's, then it may be a bit boring to you.
But its your choice. I hope you stick around if you enjoy it and want to follow the few minor rules. Who knows, you might build another boat (haven't seen any pics of your boat and its travels).

/ Your comments please #5  
Vin, I have to agree with Spiffy on this, I think the Katrina threads got shut down largely because the politics came into play. While you are an 'outsider' to our system you may not have understood how divisive some of the Katrina posts could be construed, but there is a long standing no politics position on TBN and I suspect it is to reduce hard feelings. A view from Australia is refreshing in our national news, but there is no question in my mind that the Katrina threads were getting beyond pointless. I asked for all of them to be shut down, the moderators did leave one open for a long time after I hoped it would close. But I think Spiffy's shotgun analogy is probably correct, at some point they just aim and knock down everything that doesn't fit because they have to worry about the advertising, the family friendly rating, and maybe even tractors? Stick around. I quit for a while, I came back because Muhammad asked me to. I see improvement, I think there is room for more, but its a lot better. Politics can divide us, and that is why we need to stay away from it as a topic. I have friends on here that I know disagree with my politics, but we have developed personal relationships that allow us to get beyone that. But lots of us on TBN do not know each other outside of TBN, and politics can divide and destroy . . . we don't need that.

/ Your comments please #6  
Vin; I hadn't realized that you r joke thread was deleted until you mentioned it. I was surprised that it was there to start with, but I moaned and groaned over it myself. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You know, somedays I don't feel like getting involved in anything but lurking. Other times, I get quite prolific for me. I think it's very interesting to hear views from a different part of the world. Don't give up, take a break, and comeback. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Your comments please #7  
Vin,
There are several who post that I've learned to ignore. There are several that I consistently enjoy reading. I don't get involved in discussions that I don't feel I can contribute to but I have enjoyed your participations here. Stick around. Read what intrigues you, and post what you feel.
The past few days have been very hard for many people to deal with. Things will return to some sense of "normal" in a few days.

/ Your comments please #8  
Vin,

Hang around. I always enjoy your posts from the land downunder. Your posts help give a broader view of the Aussie's culture than watching Steve Irwin, "The Crocadile Hunter" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif on the Animal Planet Channel. Heck, there are other members who've had many more posts deleted or have been the cause of having many more posts closed down. Hang tight.

Don

/ Your comments please #9  
Vin, that is the down side to a moderated forum like this one. My personal preference is for unmoderated forums, but I believe that would put me in a very small minority here on TBN. If it makes you feel any better, I've had posts and whole threads deleted too.

I've always enjoyed your posts and believe it would be TBN's loss if you left, but everyone has to make their own decision about the cost-to-benefit ratio (at least time-wise) of participating here, and I wouldn't think any less of you if your decision is to leave.

/ Your comments please #10  
What sneaky pete said.