To Play in This Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / To Play in This Playground #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Seems there are some who don't like to play by the rules and thus become a 'deleted' subject.
Seems if one wants to play in this playground, there are rules to follow or get tossed out of the playground. There are other playgrounds that may let you 'play'.
I like this one, and am glad to see that the moderators and admins are sticking to their 'rules' for the majority who seem to get along just fine.
Just an opinion. Thanks admins.

/ To Play in This Playground #3  
I agree too. Been here since before it was TBN, back when it was just a Kubota site. It was, and continues to be, a great site.

I have had a couple threads shut down over the years when I got rambunctious. I knew the "terms of agreement". I said "oops" and continued on, enjoying this site.

The playground rules are in the "post" area and in the terms of agreement. The crew here maintains based on those rules. And, they do a good job of it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #4  
IMO......damage has been done! If handled correctly and consistantly in the first place we wouldn't have lost the expertice we did. Some content that was tolerated in earlier times is getting axed right away now. I believe differences in opinion and personalities by both members and admin cost us.

ATTN: Only MY opinion and not intended to enflame....I've been wrong many times..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #5  
Things have flared up and calmed down in the past. And, members have come and gone too, whether because of the climate on the site at the time, or, as I tell my son, as they progressively travel on the space time continuum. As I mentioned above, I've been here since close to the beginning. I've seen the cycles, and have been scarce a few times myself for various reasons(although I do not count myself as one of the essential knowledgable folks here).

This is a side job for the owners and moderators. When they have time, they are really on top of things. When they are busy, things take longer.

/ To Play in This Playground #6  
Never have we allowed people to post threads asking why posts were removed or users banned. That's the content that is being axed. We have had the same exact policy on that for more than six years.

It's not that the rules haven't changed, but that more people are breaking them.

I sincerely appreciate the job our moderators do, and when people criticize their contributions in public, I'm going to remove it. When people praise them, I'm going to leave it, and join in myself. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #7  
<font color="brown"> </font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is a side job for the owners and moderators. When they have time, they are really on top of things. When they are busy, things take longer. )</font> </font>

I think this would be considered consistency! I did discuss the consistency issue with a moderator when things got heated some time ago and we agreed that not all moderators think alike. They're job is tough and appreciated but their actions and decisions establish precedense that then needs to be consistent with other moderators.

Like I told the moderator, I'm not looking to start anything but IMO principle in standards are required and important to me. Maybe that is what we're seeing with more than normal deletions. Still doesn't negate the fact that some very knowledgable people are gone when I think it could have been avoided.

BTW...... I know that replys I've made in an honest effort to help people have been deleted, my time wasted. I also believe all critique is not bad.........

Again only my opinion, I'm off my box.

Mahammad,

I promise I'll say no more on the subject.

/ To Play in This Playground #8  
Greg,

I can tell you're a "flamer" just by looking at your picture! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #10  
Every time you post or reply to a post, the rules (in an abbreviated form) are listed above the box where you type your post. This is new - you used to have to dig for the "rules". And you still do if you want to see the unabridged version. Go to FAQ at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.