highlighting what others said

/ highlighting what others said #11  
<font color="blue">( I click on "Quote" ) </font>

Using QUOTE would be fine and good if the software handled it well, but if you EDIT your post or QUOTE a QUOTE, you get html into your post and the software doesn't like that. Then you end up with one ugly post unless you take the time to clean it up -- and there are many on this board that don't take that extra effort.

/ highlighting what others said #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The first step is to move the arrow with your mouse to the beginning of whatever you want to copy and quote )</font>

cool, Bird I think this worked, easier than doing it my old way............

/ highlighting what others said #13  
You're right, Dave. It is a little nuisance if you later edit a post with one of the quotes in it. Of course I don't understand computers enough to know why, but I have figured out how to clean it up and get the red out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ highlighting what others said #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think you got it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

I think I got it too, Thanks.

I had to delete it the first time though, I went back and edited it and it went haywire like Dave said.

I highlighted it in the original post and hit Quote instead of Reply and it came up automaticly in the Post box.

Thanks again, Larry

/ highlighting what others said
I had to delete it the first time though, I went back and edited it and it went haywire like Dave said.

I highlighted it in the original post and hit Quote instead of Reply and it came up automaticly in the Post box
I thought id try it this way too
ALAN

/ highlighting what others said #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I thought id try it this way too
ALAN
)</font>

Sorry, I found that dosnt work. It copys the entire post, not just the highlighted part. It tricked me, I highlighted the entire the first time.
I finially found the edit button Bird was talking about, I was looking at the top left of TBN, not my toolbar.

Thanks, Larry