highlighting what others said

/ highlighting what others said #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Kind of computer ignorant here. How do you post and put what someone else said in color,before you reply.THANKS,ALAN

/ highlighting what others said #2  
<font color="blue"> How do you post and put what someone else said in color </font>

How I do it is, highlight the portion of the post that I am going to respond to -- not the entire message and COPY IT (Ctrl-C or Right-click Copy). Then I click the blue font color and PASTE the text within the color tags.

/ highlighting what others said #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( put what someone else said in color )</font>

I just highlight what I want to copy; i.e, hold down the button and drag the cursor, click on "Reply", then below the dialogue box I'm going to type in, I click on "Quote", position the cursor between the two words "quote" in the dialogue box, and "paste" to put the quoted text there. It's automatically smaller print and blue in color. And it takes a lot longer to tell about it than to do it.

/ highlighting what others said
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font> BIRD, FOLLOWED EVERYTHING TIL YOU GOT TO THE PASTE PART.Put the curser between the two quote things,clicked,all i got was my flashing thing that tells me where im typing
ALAN

/ highlighting what others said #5  
That flashing thing was your cursor, and you were OK at that point. Then with your mouse, move the little arrow up to "Edit" at the top of the screen, click on that, then move down to "Paste" and click on that.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font> Paste wasnt in dark writing and i couldnt click on it,just select all and find[on this page.How do i get it to dark color so i can click on it.Sorry BIRD didnt want you to have to give a rookie a computer course,but i appreciate it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ALAN

/ highlighting what others said #7  
If "Paste" wasn't a highlighted option, then apparently you had not copied anything to the clipboard. Of course nearly everything can be done with the keyboard, also, but I'll only talk about using the mouse. The first step is to move the arrow with your mouse to the beginning of whatever you want to copy and quote. Then hold down the left mouse button as you move the cursor to the end of what you want to copy. That should highlight that material. Release the mouse button, move the arrow up to "Edit" (top left of screen), click on "Edit", then click on "Copy". That saves what you want to quote until you're ready to "paste" it in your reply.

And being a computer dummy myself, a number of our TBN members have helped me on several occasions.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And being a computer dummy myself, a number of our TBN members have helped me on several occasions )</font> does that look right? I highlighted your saying after i got on thereply to page it wouldnt work the other way for some reason. are thetwo quote things suppose to show up like they did.WELL IT WORKED ANYHOW THANKS A MILLION
ALAN

PERFECT, THEM TWO QUOTE THINGS DIDNT SHOW UP WHEN IT POSTED
ALAN

/ highlighting what others said #10  
I think you got it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif