bringing up old posts

/ bringing up old posts #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
HOW do you reply to someone,and show them an old thread that was once posted.Ive seen it done alot,,but dont know how,however thanks to you folks im getting bEtter
ALAN

/ bringing up old posts #2  
If I understand you correctly, you find the old thread, then copy the URL address, and paste it in the 'Reply" using the URL Instant Markup below.
Did I come close to answering your question?

/ bringing up old posts
OK THAT DIDNT WORK,my thread went in the box,and i pushed ok,then it asked for the web page?and thats where i got lost
ALAN

/ bringing up old posts #6  
You have to paste in the entire URL like this. It looks like you typed in the title of the thread, instead of the URL. You have to find the thread you want to link to, copy the entire URL from the address field at the top of your browser.

Here are my standard instructions when people make their links too long, but they also show how to create a link.

MikePA: Please review your message before posting it. It's simple not to create a long link that widens the entire thread. Just insert a descriptive word or two between the {url=http://whatever}<font color="red">Enter words here</font>{/url} instead of the entire URL. Replace parentheses {} with square brackets in previous example. Alternatively, if you use the Instant Markup language URL link, the first prompt is for the URL. The second prompt is for a description. Do not simply paste in the URL again. Type a short description of the link.