I think they meant it to be reversed, "veg oil to diesel."

(see attachment)

Gosh! I hope so. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 773959-YUK.jpg
    773959-YUK.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 480
   / YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #2  
Hey, when you've got some fryin' to do and the only thing around is your tractor...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #3  
Is that winter or summer blend? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #4  
Yummy, corn dogs fried in diesel.

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #5  
What kind of filtering do they use to convert the vegetable oil to diesel. I have heard of people going to restaurants getting the used vegetable oil. We do a lot of batter frying around here, you can tell by my fat ****. Wondering if it is simple I could just clean the oil myself and dump it in my tractor.

murph

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #6  
Hmm.......with AdBlocker, I guess I missed seeing that jewel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #7  
Throw a little Powerservice in with the fry'in diesel for spice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm getti'n hungry for some diesel fried bacon. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #8  
Still not answered as far as what type of filter they use and do you lose hp or anything like that. I do understand you get pretty hungry running the tractor.

murph

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #9  
Murph,

I think you may have missed the typo in the add. The thread was more of a humerous spoof.

To answer your question, sorry I cant help. There have been several folks here talking about biodiesel in the past. You may want to post your question seperatly. I do know that current bio has a tendancy to thicken and oxidize your motor oil quicker. If your injecors require oil to fire, this can be a very bad thing. Bio will also strip the fuel tank liner in some trucks, causing premature clogged fuel filters and injector failures. For a tractor, it may be just fine, I'm waiting for the technology to advance before buying into it myself.

/ YUK! This banner ad turns my stomach #10  
Interesting Jim, how does the price compare to Wesson? Will this lead to neighbors asking to borrow a cup of diesel?