Note about posting photos and inline images...

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
- Images over 500 pixels wide may not be inserted into posts using the [image] markup tag. They may only be attached.

- If a poster attaches an image but does not place it in their post with the [image] tag, please do not reply with the image placed in your post.

Basically, I would prefer to see images posted as attachments rather than inline images, to save space and loading time on pages. Also, there are getting to be too many threads with images that are wider than the tables placed in posts. This creates more work for us since we have to edit individual posts to change the images from inline to links. If they are already attached to someone's post, there's no point to place them in another post with the [image] tag.

On another note, about signatures:

- Please keep signature files under 10k. Most static (non-animated) files are fine, but some of the animated files are too large.

- Since we have different themes you can select to change the appearance of the forum (colors), when you make a signature image, keep that in mind. If your signature image has a white background, it won't match when the post table colors aren't white, as with most of our themes. If you want your signature to 'blend in,' if you will, make it a transparent gif... like my signature. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

- Please check the image links in your signatures. Check and make sure the URL is correct, has no spaces, and will display properly with your post. I have noticed some broken image links (box with a red x in the middle) in posts.

- Please check your user image links. This field is in your profile as well, and is the URL for the image to be displayed on your profile, and with your posts if your preferences are set to 'display user images with posts'. As with signature images, check the URL to make sure it is correct and valid. I have noticed a few broken user image links as well. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thanks!

msig.gif

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #2  
Thanks for keeping us inline Muhammad (pun intended).

Also, thanks once again for your outstanding service and support of this forum. Still the best on the 'net (IMHO) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #3  
Hi Muhammad

How can I make my gif transparent? I have had a look in MS Imaging and MS Paint but can't seem to find anything relevant.

Thanks

18-80002-digging3.gif

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #5  
Andy,

Final attempt. This one oughta do ya. Putting it here to verify transparency...
18-87789-Andyfr.gif

The GlueGuy

Attachments

• 18-87789-Andyfr.gif
    18-87789-Andyfr.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 61
   / Note about posting photos and inline images... #6  
You want transparent, you gotta go to the experts:
18-87793-Casper.gif

I think this guy is actually a Harvey creation. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 18-87793-Casper.gif
    18-87793-Casper.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 61
   / Note about posting photos and inline images... #7  
Thanks GlueGuy it looks much better. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Regards

18-87789-Andyfr.gif

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #8  
This is a test, please forgive.. will this image work okay in the sig? I'll have to explore transparent gif images.. never played with this stuff before. This one has a tiny bit of animation, but is still only around 1K.

TBN_sig2.gif

Bob Trevithick

/ Note about posting photos and inline images... #9  
That's a neat GIF Bob... I hope the "rims" on the farmer's hat holds up as well as the tractor... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG