Last update 4/18/06

/ Last update 4/18/06 #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
Re: Show All Users Posts

Hope the time is coming around to update the 'users' posts. It's an important feature of the Forum to be able to check with threads responded to, so if additional questions or comments are posted by others, then they can be acknowledged.

Seems it should be an automatic feature, but apparently it is something that has to be done manually, thus only happens when the hard-working staff have 'time' to catch up.

Without the update, one can only try to read the heading of every post in a specific Forum, or make notes of each response as to heading and Forum. I hate to whine and complain, and can only assume this is an 'extra' that doesn't get attention relative to the other chores needing attention.

However, I find it frustrating. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

In the 'old' days, messages were posted immediately. No delay. One could sign on, go to his/her username home, and click on 'posted messages' and review each thread given attention with a post. Same with others' threads.

Off the rant now. Wish the staff a speedy recovery. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Last update 4/18/06 #2  
Yes, I'm aware of this. I'll update it soon. We had some trouble and had to stop the update.

Ordinarily we would only have a max delay of 24 hours.

And yes, I'm aware of the old days, but in the old days we had less than 100,000 messages.

-Ibrahim

/ Last update 4/18/06
Thanks for the update.

Seems (to my small mind) it would be just a matter of adding the posts as they are 'sent' (100-300 a day?) but obviously it must mean regurgitating all the posts just to add the daily ones.

Don't doubt you guys are doing your best.

/ Last update 4/18/06
Appreciate the update last night on past posts. Going to take a while now to see if there are any responses others are waiting for, that have been missed.
Thanks

/ Last update 4/18/06
The fresh updates were GREAT -- while they lasted.

Sure miss keeping up with threads that have been posted to, and which questions were asked, but don't know if responses were made.
I find the interest level in participating in the forum decreases significantly without the ability to look back at recent threads posted to.

I'll look forward to when it starts being refreshed again (the last being May 25).

Hope the change to the new system, or server, or whatever took place on the 27th will help.

/ Last update 4/18/06
The fresh updates were GREAT -- while they lasted.

Sure miss keeping up with threads that have been posted to, and which questions were asked, but don't know if responses were made.
I find the interest level in participating in the forum decreases significantly without the ability to look back at recent threads posted to.

I'll look forward to when it starts being refreshed again (the last being May 25).

Hope the change to the new system, or server, or whatever took place on the 27th will help.