FAQ/How-to Forum

/ FAQ/How-to Forum #1  

Westonium

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310
It is well past the point now where the same important quetions are getting asked every 6 months or so.
"Should I fluid fill my tires, if so how full, with what, tubed or non-tubed, what about foam?"etc.

Hot on the heels of the information request posts are the obvious follow-ups "Ok I decided to fill with Rim-Guard - how do I do it?"

This site has been amazingly helpful, but I think a few improvements will make it even more effective.

A new forum dedicated to common questions and how-to guides written by the patrons would be exceptionally excellent.

/ FAQ/How-to Forum #2  
I don't know. If you answer the most asked questions, there wouldn't be much need for the forum and the "companionship" it provides.

When these "new" questions come up and have been talked over and over, it's funny that once-in-a-while someone who had not been a member before comes into the conversation and tells something new that nobody had ever thought of.

To me, that's the beauty of the forum as it stands.

I, too, get tired of the same old posting questions at times, but I'm not sure that it would be a forum, per se, if it were nothing put sticky noted threads that answer the questions most new people are going to ask.

John

/ FAQ/How-to Forum #3  
I can't say I disagree totally, that an informative section be there for reference or something like that, however IMO that's the difference between a discussion board/forum and a library.

/ FAQ/How-to Forum #4  
You do have a choice. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you feel a post is useless you don't have to read it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ FAQ/How-to Forum #5  
<font color="blue"> A new forum dedicated to common questions and how-to guides written by the patrons would be exceptionally excellent. </font>

That's pretty much what TBN is, isn't it? Just do a search on what you need to know, and you should be able to find it here.