"Mark Read" in "New Posts"?

/ "Mark Read" in "New Posts"? #1  

jeffinsgf

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I love the new "New Posts" option. However, it would be very convenient if there were a "Mark Read" option at the end of the new posts listing. As it is you have to click back to the Main Index, scroll to the bottom, and use the "Mark Read" option there. Not only does this involve an extra page view, but I am pretty sure that if you spend several minutes going through the "New Posts" and then go back to the main index and "Mark Read", you will mark posts as read which were not on your "New Posts" list.

Great job on the transition. I have been in on a couple of these, and don't envy you the job at all.

/ "Mark Read" in "New Posts"? #2  
Jeff, instead of going to another page, etc., just go to the top where it says "Quick Links", click on that, then on "Mark Forums Read".

/ "Mark Read" in "New Posts"? #3  
I miss the 'Posts in the last 12 hours' option.

Because they 'boys' have the New Posts option setup in such a way that once you read a thread, you won't see it in the list any longer when clicking New Posts.

There is another way to set up this forum so that you will still see the latest (new) posts and the unread ones will remain bold and the ones you read will not. There are many times when after leaving the thread I'd like to go back to double-check something and/or post a reply -- unless you noted which forum it was in, finding it can be a challenge.

/ "Mark Read" in "New Posts"?
Bird said:
Jeff, instead of going to another page, etc., just go to the top where it says "Quick Links", click on that, then on "Mark Forums Read".

Aha! Thanks, Bird.

/ "Mark Read" in "New Posts"? #5  
Gatorboy said:
I miss the 'Posts in the last 12 hours' option.

Because they 'boys' have the New Posts option setup in such a way that once you read a thread, you won't see it in the list any longer when clicking New Posts.

There is another way to set up this forum so that you will still see the latest (new) posts and the unread ones will remain bold and the ones you read will not. There are many times when after leaving the thread I'd like to go back to double-check something and/or post a reply -- unless you noted which forum it was in, finding it can be a challenge.

We're still going to bring back the recent messages the way they used to be.

But as for the latest new posts, if you click on the 24 hours link, those posts won't disappear after you read them. They will be marked as read.

Only in the "since my last visit" link will they disappear.

Since the 24 hours link only displays 100 per page, a 12 hours version of the same search would be kind of redundant.

Again, we are going to do some customization of this feature and try to restore it to the same functionality as the old forum, with individual posts listed for the past x hours.