Post Questions/Problems In This Thread

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
In an effort to prevent the same problems/questions from being posted in multiple places and multiple times, please post in this thread.

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #2  
Henro had a question as to reading a thread, then coming back to it later, only to be at the first post in the thread instead of the first new reply to that thread since he left.

Henro,
I think the solution is to look at the line under the POST REPLY button to the upper left of the thread. There is a line under that button that reads:

View First Unread with a little check next to it.

Click that and you will go to the place you want to be.

Hope this helps.

MossRoad
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81992#post924884

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #3  
How do you rate a post? 3.5 stars???

I don't see the instructions on how to rate a thread. Is a poll required by the original poster?

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #4  
1. Are the click on mood faces to place INSIDE the post gone forever or are they hidden somewhere? :confused:

2. I keep having to log in over and over again. I was logged in viewing but then when I go to post I have to log in again. I logged in to write this post and then had to log in to post the post. Then I have to log in to user cp. Then I have to log in to edit this post. I have never logged out. What is happening? This is irritating.

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #5  
Re: How do you rate a post? 3.5 stars???

I just gave you 5 stars. Did it show up in yours or just in mine???? ;)

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #6  
Re: How do you rate a post? 3.5 stars???

You rate it 3 and I rate it 4, 3.5 is the average.

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread
On the main Discussion page, at the upper right, beneath the 'Welcome, {your userid}, is Quick Link. Click on it and there's an option to Mark All Forums Read.

When you are in a Forum, right above the Last Post column is a link called Forum Tools. Click on it and there's an option to Mark This Forum Read.

txdon said:
1. Are the click on mood faces to place INSIDE the post gone forever or are they hidden somewhere? :confused:
No, you have to select Enhanced Editor or WYSIWYG Editor in your User CP, Edit Options.

txdon said:
2. I keep having to log in over and over again. I was logged in viewing but then when I go to post I have to log in again. I logged in to write this post and then had to log in to post the post. Then I have to log in to user cp. Then I have to log in to edit this post. I have never logged out. What is happening? This is irritating.
Clear your browser cookies, close browser and restart browser and login to TBN again.

MossRoad said:
Henro had a question as to reading a thread, then coming back to it later, only to be at the first post in the thread instead of the first new reply to that thread since he left.

Henro,
I think the solution is to look at the line under the POST REPLY button to the upper left of the thread. There is a line under that button that reads:

View First Unread with a little check next to it.

Click that and you will go to the place you want to be.

Hope this helps.

MossRoad
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81992#post924884
An easier way (fewer clicks) to do this is, when you're at the list of threads in a Forum, each thread with new posts is in bold text. Immediately to the left of the thread title is that same little check mark icon. Click on that and it will take you directly to the newest post.

/ Post Questions/Problems In This Thread #10  
Thanks, Mike. I hadn't noticed that. Seems there is always more than one way to skin a cat.