Excel Spreadsheet

/ Excel Spreadsheet #1  

MikeFLA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Can I attach an excel spreadsheet? If so how? If not what are some other ways to get matrix type info on the board.

Thanks,

Mike

/ Excel Spreadsheet #2  
Mike,

If you have a newer version of Excel, it's a piece of cake. Just take the portion of the spreadsheet that you want to display, and do a "save as", and pick html down where it indicates the format.

Here's an example that I did in Excel, and uploaded to TBN. It's a comparison of the Kubota B series tractors.

The GlueGuy

/ Excel Spreadsheet #3  
Mike -

You can attach pretty much any kind of file, as long as it's under the 200K size limit. Of course, if you want people to be able to view it with their browser, you'll have to think about it a little.

I was going to suggest that if you know HTML, you could put together a single web page with your table on it and attach it as a text file (see attached), but GlueGuy has the better idea -- let Excel do it for you. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Excel Spreadsheet
Thanks guys, I abandoned my original idea to post a spreadsheet in favor of the short narrative I posted in Buying a Kubota. But I will use GlueGuy’s suggestion in the future.

/ Excel Spreadsheet #5  
I have tried attaching a spreadsheet as a .xls and .html and I get a rejection message that says these file types are not allowed. Any other suggestions for getting a spreadsheet out for TBNers to view?
Mark

/ Excel Spreadsheet #6  
Mark, here's a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=oil&Number=216128&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=MikePA&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=216079>link</A> to my suggestion to Surge about the same issue.

/ Excel Spreadsheet #7  
I just added xls files to the approved list. You should be able to upload it now.

/ Excel Spreadsheet #8  
Thanks! First will be a price quote comparison for 38-40hp shuttle tractors under the general buying/pricing forum.
Mark

/ Excel Spreadsheet #9  
Cool Muhammad! Good to see continuous (sp?) quality upgrades!

Now when is the spell checker showing up /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Excel Spreadsheet #10  
I always thought that we needed spell check on TBN. Now, I can live with out it. A week or two ago, some one posted something about a spell check program called ieSpell. I loaded it and am real happy with it. It adds a icon on the tool bar at the top. You can use it with any on screen program. Now there is now more cut and paste for me.