New User Titles

/ New User Titles #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
With a few members approaching 1,000 posts... I think we're getting near the time for new user titles for our hi-volume posters.

These are the next titles I'm thinking of, but feedback/suggestions would be great!

1,000 Posts = Super Star Member
2,500 Posts = Mega Member

And later on, for a much higher number of posts, Ultra Member.

msig.gif

/ New User Titles #2  
Muhammad,

The gap between Senior and Star is 125 posts, what if you double that and have a title for 750 posts, then another at 1,000 posts? The gap from 1,000 to 2,500 is also huge! I know it could be hard thinking up all of those titles, but even the top posters take awhile to add 1,500 posts!

I know that the time for me to go from Senior to Star seemed like a long time. Just my opinion. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ New User Titles #3  
My suggestion would be to let it top off at 1000 posts title, whatever that is...we really don't need anyone trying to fill up the board with an extra 1000 or so posts just to get to the next title. Once someone has made over 1000 posts, their contribution to the forum will be well known already.

Keep the 1000 post title, and then reward the really good posters that contribute the best information to the board with the poster of the month award, reward people for quality, not quantity.

Just my two cents.

/ New User Titles
That might not be a bad suggestion... thanks and thanks in advance if more suggestions come along.

msig.gif

/ New User Titles #5  
ejb, I agree. The number (or quantity) of messages posted just isn't important to me. The only things I care about are: (1) Can I learn something new, (2) Do I get a good laugh out of a message posted, and (3) Can I help someone else?

Bird

/ New User Titles #6  
Ejb's suggestion has my vote. A couple of years from now things could get real carried away. If everyone becomes "Superman Poster" new users might be to intimidated to ask all the "newbie" questions I keep asking./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ New User Titles #7  
Suggestion thirded (or is it fourthed?) by me, as well.

Mark

/ New User Titles #8  
I'll jump on the bandwagon suggestion Fifthed I think.
Gordon

/ New User Titles
Ok, I'll think over a new title system with not more than 5 total titles, ranging from 0 to 1000 posts as a requirement... consider what we've done so far as a 'test run'.

msig.gif

/ New User Titles #10  
Guys,

So as not to be the BLUE guy left out, I will also throw in my support! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!