Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

Well, the time has come! It seems like post number 500k was just yesterday, and 100k a day before that. Today, we reached the 999,000 post mark, and will likely see post number 1,000,000 within the next 24 hours.

In light of this milestone, we want to do a little celebration and appreciation event. It's a proud moment for everybody involved in TBN over the years, specifically the long-time users who have been here since the "old days." We're going to take this opportunity to give a tiny token of appreciation to those that are here to celebrate the 1,000,000th post.

So, here's how it works:

We want to hear What TractorByNet.com Means To You! We are opening this thread up for comments, stories, or experiences that you have had with TractorBynet.com. It could be something as simple as a testimonial for the information you have gotten from TBN, or a story about the friends you have made here, or perhaps a memorable anecdote from an old thread.

We will be using your comments in a newly updated "About TBN" section, that will include your comments and allow new members to get a sense for the rich community we have here.

This thread will remain open to your comments until Sunday, October 22nd, 2006.

Our Gift To You
To express our appreciation for all of the members who contribute to TractorByNet.com, anybody who posts a comment in this thread before it is closed, will receive a FREE TractorByNet.com Bumper Sticker! This free offer is only available to those who post in this thread between now and Sunday, October 22nd. (Note: We will collect addresses from you in the coming days.)

Again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody---all 30,000+ members who have made TBN what it is today. In 2007 we will be celebrating our 10th year, and we hope to continue to operate and build TBN well into the future.

(Terms: One free bumper sticker per household. Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for delivery. By submitting your comments, you grant us permission to republish and/or reprint your comments online or in print).

Again, many thanks for your continued support and contributions to TractorByNet.com!

Now get posting! ;)

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #2  
Tractorbynet.com, means lots of good reading, lots of good ideas and lots of great members. I have met one member so far Sandman2234 and we have a great time swapping stories together and hope to meet others soon.
I do not own a tractor unless my Troybilt Bronco 18.5 HP qualifies? But I own a Case 1845C skid steer that is similar to a tractor, a little? LOL. I love building attachments and giving ideas and getting ideas also, you can take a look at my gallery for some of my projects.
I want to thank
Tractorbynet.com
for being who they are! Its great to be a member here
Jim

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #3  
Well, in the little over 3.5 years since I stumbled across TBN, I have come in contact either on-line or personally with a wonderful group of people with whom I share similar interests. I have gleaned a lot from you people and I believe that I have given back even more. I thoroughly enjoyed my banter with members like Henro, PineRidge and others be it on-line of off-line via PM's. I hope to continue for the forseeable future, as long as the TBN community doesn't stray from the current path.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #4  
I first found TBN through a Google search. I saw new tractors being sold at a Homier tent sale for $2999, and TBN was the first website that popped up on the search. TBN gave me a chance to ask and learn about these tractors.

From there, I started posting questions about the Ford 2N I already owned that needed repairs, my Ford 8N, and the Craftsman riding mower that I made the mistake of buying for 50 dollars. After I decided the Homier tractors weren't for me, I chose to purchase a New Holland. In the weeks leading up to that purchase, I got to ask such questions as gear versus hydro, mid-mount mower versus rear finish mower, what kind of tires to get, buy from a high volume dealer or buy locally. Always a string of replies, often times within minutes.

Over the next few years, I've posted progress on projects around the house, questions about car and truck purchases, and play-by play of get-togethers with other TBN members. Over the years, I've been given great advise, offered others good advise, and even said some things I shouldn't have said!

We'll see what the next 1,000,000 posts have in store at Tractor By Net!

Here are a few photos from some of my posts over the last few years...

Attachments

• IM000367.JPG
    IM000367.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IM000009.JPG
    IM000009.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 278
  • IM000209.JPG
    IM000209.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 272
  • TBN 2-5-05.JPG
    TBN 2-5-05.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
   / 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #5  
What TractorByNet.com Means To You.
If one looking for respect,great info,helping hand,moments to cherish theres no doubt about it,TBN where one should hang there hat.

A line from one of the Eagles greatest songs Hotel California..."You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave"...for once TBN in your blood there ain't no cure. :)

Stay safe and strong one and all.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #6  
I guess you guys didn't delete those 10,000 posts -- for my guess last month of the morning of Oct. 22 is gonna be darn close.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #7  
Gatorboy said:
I guess you guys didn't delete those 10,000 posts -- for my guess last month of the morning of Oct. 22 is gonna be darn close.

Guessing the date and time was the contest for the 500,000th post.
For the 1,000,000th post, you are supposed to write about what TBN means to you.

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread
Gatorboy said:

We ran several processes to purge all duplicate threads and recounted everything, and that's what's current. In light of the fact that there were some duplicates that we couldn't easily remove, the margin of error on the 1,000,000th is about 1%. :)

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #9  
I found TBN when I messed my L175 up and was looking for some help. I didn't get the exact help I was looking for, but alot more- lots of good information about all kinds of things. Most of all, a chance to escape the daily grind, spend a few minutes ( ok alot of minutes ) with some great guys, and gals, exchanging ideas and thoughts on all kind of interesting topics.
Keep up the good work!

/ 1,000,000th Post Appreciation Thread #10  
WOW! Where do I start? TBN has been my saviour over the past year or so. The FIRST thing I did when I stumbled on the site was to download the e-book and that was an education for me. I read, re-read and did a lot of lurking on ALL of the forums.

I shared my ideas, received great feedback from posters and eventually decided to pull the trigger. I could not have made a more inteligent decision without the help of TBN members. I read about various problems, how people loved their tractors and how much work they were able to do with them. I can't say enough about TBN and all of the good feedback & information I am receiving on a dialy basis.

Let me say that by making TBN my home page, I definitely go there first and see what's happening in the world of tractors each morning. There's the good, bad & the ugly and all of the information is worth reading.

No matter how old or how smart you are...there's the phrase "continuing educational experience". That's TBN for sure....I for one will continue to learn from each & every one of you. What a ride!

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.