Slow Loading

/ Slow Loading #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Muhammad, I'm having a real problem with this new forum and don't know whether it's my computer, my phone lines, my ISP, or what. Sometimes it pops up pretty well, but it frequently takes forever to get the initial screen or to change screens. The indication I'm getting is that the transmissions stop. Sometimes if I wait long enough, it'll start and go ahead again, other times, if I click on the URL again, it'll finish, and sometimes I just give up and try again later in the day. I occasionally have a similar problem with other sites, but not nearly as much as I'm having with this one. Am I the only one with this problem?

Bird

/ Slow Loading #2  
Yes.......................Bird......................
I.....................have..................noticed.
............the.........same..............thing.
Sometimes fast like it should be...............other...............times.....
painfully.......................slow, so I think
it is a problem Muhammed has to work on, not our
computers.

/ Slow Loading #4  
I am experiencing the same problem. Have worked with my cable modem service provider during the last day and found some of the problem was local. However, that has been fixed now and I am still finding extremely slow response here. It is not consistent. Sometimes the speed is fast, but when it decides to take a nap it really snores.

/ Slow Loading #5  
We have our technical team on it as we speak. I'll update with what we find.

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Administrator</font color=blue>

/ Slow Loading #6  
Muhammad,

I think you fixed the problem. I also am on cabkle modem, and for the past day and a half, the speed was just horrible, with screens hanging for 60 seconds and more.

But as I access the forum now, and open eight simultaneous sessions to the forum, they all run just like lightening. I can't slow it down.

So, whatever you did, it worked for me. Let's hope it stays that way.

BTW, my search for "last 24 hours" takes 1-2 seconds. "Last 48 Hours" takes 3-4 seconds. Normal thread accesses are instantaneous. At home I got a rusty old 56K. You don't want to know how long things take with that!

Hey everybody! If you can, get cable modem or DSL. You'll be able to waste a lot more time on the Net <g>.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Slow Loading #7  
Bird, and others,

We removed the spell checker, which appeared to be draining the resources quite a bit.

We are still going through testing some testing; please let us know if you notice any difference now.

Thanks,

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Administrator</font color=blue>

/ Slow Loading #8  
Muhammad,

Update (trying to get a higher user "rating" too!).

Been accessing the forum for 30 minutes, trying my best to slow it down of lock it up. No can do. Everything is running as good as it gets for me. Thanks for your help.

BobT.

P.S. I like the type colors and "bold" changes. A LOT easier on my old geezer eyes.

A Indiana Boy

/ Slow Loading
Ouch, and now I have to scroll left to right; never had to do that before. And I'd just gotten used to the way new messages and links worked, and now they've changed. I sure liked the other way better.

Bird