Re-Organize the Topics

/ Re-Organize the Topics #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
When I first came here, I was interested in the various brands of tractors and wanted to research the pros and cons for each to determine which one was best for me. During that time, I focussed all my energy on that aspect of the site.

Now that have my tractor, I'm more focused on working them and everything involved with my land. I focuse 90% of my time here in three different areas, Projects, Rural Living and Related Topics.

I'm wondering if there's been any thought to moving things around to have the tractor stuff on the top and the working the land and making things type of topics at the bottom.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Re-Organize the Topics #2  
Don't mean to interrupt a Mod that may have an answer, but as far as i'm concerned the topics don't matter a bit.
I log in and hit the little line next to my name that says "Since My Last Visit".
That way I get to look at all of the things that are being discussed currently and if I'm not interested, I just pass on by.

Then when I want to research something, I go into the individual topics that may have what I want or do a whole forum search.

Not trying to step on your post Eddie, but others may not know about this handy feature, so I thought I'd share.

/ Re-Organize the Topics #3  
I check in daily and just hit the "last 24 hours" button and every post pops up. It is easy to quickly scan through all of them that way. The average has been running about 200 posts per day. I look at the ones that interest me from all forums. If I see a post talking about a very specific problem with a part from a tractor brand I don't own, I just keep on going.

/ Re-Organize the Topics #4  
I'm another "last 24 hour" and "since my last visit" user to. Having said that, I think the current layout is fine.

/ Re-Organize the Topics #5  
How about an option that let's your put them in the order you want. Maybe: list these topics in the order you would like to see them, you put 1 by your first choice, 2, etc, then hit enter and thats the order your browser displays them. Might be too complicated, but I bet some gearhead here knows how to do it..

/ Re-Organize the Topics #6  
EddieWalker said:
When I first came here, I was interested in the various brands of tractors and wanted to research the pros and cons for each to determine which one was best for me. During that time, I focussed all my energy on that aspect of the site.

Now that have my tractor, I'm more focused on working them and everything involved with my land. I focuse 90% of my time here in three different areas, Projects, Rural Living and Related Topics.

I'm wondering if there's been any thought to moving things around to have the tractor stuff on the top and the working the land and making things type of topics at the bottom.

Thanks,
Eddie

I'm the same as you... I read the Power Trac forum first(my favorite tractor brand :)), then the bottom forums for News/Feedback (in case anyone needs help) Rural Living, Photos, Related Topics and then, if I have time(which is rare, lately), I push the 'last 24 hours' button just to see what else is out there and/or see if some of my favorite posters have added anything that might be interesting. ;)

/ Re-Organize the Topics
I've tried the last 24 hour button, but it's not what I realy enjoy. I realize it's probably just me, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm content with how things are, but would be even happier if certain topics were grouped together in a manner that related to each other better.

While I'm at it, I was wondering about adding a new topic for barns, homes and other buildings. There are posts on these things all over the place and it might be nice to have an area for this in one place.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Re-Organize the Topics #8  
EddieWalker said:
While I'm at it, I was wondering about adding a new topic for barns, homes and other buildings. There are posts on these things all over the place and it might be nice to have an area for this in one place.
There already an area. Click Here :)

/ Re-Organize the Topics
Mike,

After Pat finished his house, that site sort of died. Not much going on over there for whatever reason.

Eddie