Question on Posting pictures

/ Question on Posting pictures #1  

alchemysa

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B1550HSD
I notice some pictures such as recadaza's chainsaw pics appear immediately in the message window, whilst mine, and most other pics, appear as links. Can anyone tell me why this happens? Does it have to do with the file type? And another query... when I hit a link to view someone's picture it annoyingly opens in the message box and replaces the message, rather than opening in a new window. Does this happen to everyone or is it something to do with my browser settings?

Thanks.

P.S. 40 degrees C here today. Thats about 104 F. And tomorrow is supposed to be about 42C. (108F). So no snowblower questions from me. I've never even seen snow, although snowblowing looks like it would be fun... once.

David (Australia)

/ Question on Posting pictures #2  
Alchemysa,
That was my first ever post and I think what I did was went to manage attachments below the post space and and went to my pictures and found the ones I wanted pressed upload and they appeared in managed attachments and on my post. Hope this helps.
Recodaza

/ Question on Posting pictures
Yep Recodaza, thats what i do to, but the end result seems to be different. Nice pictures by the way.

/ Question on Posting pictures #4  
I think this:

"INSERT" the picture puts it directly in the message
while
"ATTACH" the picture gives you the link.

Where's INSERT? I just see 'Upload' when i go to 'Manage Attachments'

/ Question on Posting pictures #6  
I just tried the same thing and I did not see INSERT just UPLOAD
:)

Attachments

• May In Florida.jpg
    May In Florida.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 88
I just found an INSERT thingy. Its the little icon that looks like a mountain(figure that out!). But when I hit it wants a URL address.

/ Question on Posting pictures #8  
Here is one I put in the tbn gallery and it shows up here

25735May_In_Florida-med.jpg

:)

Nice bike MrJimi,.. but I'm sorry, I still don't get it. (Must be the heat here). Are you saying you have to post the pics in the gallery first? I don't think thats what recodaza did. (I dont think he even has any pics in the gallery.) When he said he went to 'my pictures' I assume he meant the pics on his own computer.