Stroll Down Memory Lane

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #1  

Hakim

Doing a little housekeeping on our sites, and came across these links. I thought some of you would enjoy seeing our "roots." Been on more than 10 years now, and still counting. :cool:

Anyone have a screen capture of the really VERY FIRST "discussion" group that was maybe 5 or 6 people, the actual "start" of TBN?

"Stroll Down Memory Lane"

Tractorbynet.com in October 12, 1999
Tractorbynet.com - The Leading Tractor Website!

Very early days of the TBN message board, also Oct. 12, 1999:
http://web.archive.org/web/20000824034956/www.tractorbynet.com/tractortalk/

And even further, the real "web" start, was “Kubota Tractor Source, January 25, 1999
Kubota Tractor Source

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #2  
Hakim, that was very interesting, would you by any chance have a membership list of members in the join date, like member number one and so on That would be interesting
Thanks
Jim:)

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #3  
I remember those days. I think when I joined, membership was still around 100 or so. Those times, it might take a couple days to get a reply, unlike the 2 minutes these days :) The site has continually improved and grown, but it started out as a great site to begin with;)

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #4  
Yes, it was quite different back in 1999.Your right about how long it would take for a reply. You might check back several times, before anyone would make any type of post or try to answer your question.
It would be interesting to see a membership list form back then. If I remember right, I joined in November of 1999.

RobertN said:
I remember those days. I think when I joined, membership was still around 100 or so. Those times, it might take a couple days to get a reply, unlike the 2 minutes these days :) The site has continually improved and grown, but it started out as a great site to begin with;)

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #5  
It was already a hopping place when I joined up around 2001... ( Can't remember... better look at my profile. :eek: ). Yep, Aug, 2001. Back then you could read all the posts made in a day in about a half an hour. Now it is hopeless! :D

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #6  
When we went to our new forum software on May of 2000, there were 300 registered users that we converted over. :)

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #7  
Muhammad said:
When we went to our new forum software on May of 2000, there were 300 registered users that we converted over. :)
I was on line in April of 2000. Noticed that member numbers are no longer displayed. :confused: If I remember correctly my member # was 529.

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #8  
I was among those 300 converted over, but can't remember when I first joined the old board. I find that I received some spare filters for my Kubota from Carver Equipment on 12/6/99, and of course I learned about Carver on the old board. And I just first got Internet service on 8/24/98, so it was sometime between those two dates when I joined.

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #9  
All of you guys are what we called "Salty" in the Navy:)

/ Stroll Down Memory Lane #10  
I don't feel like a tadpole no more after reading oldies but goodies....has it really been that long. :(