logged in but not.

/ logged in but not. #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Perhaps I am missing something, but the following has happened a couple of times now.

start thread, or reply to existing thread. Get editor window. Type message, click post. Get error screen the says you must be logged in to do that.

Lose all the typing I just did.

Any ideas? Windows Xp, IE. Both machines that this have happened to have posted succesfully.

If this happens this time you wont see this message.

/ logged in but not. #2  
It's been quite a long time since I had that happen, but I have experienced it. I don't know for sure what caused it or what cured it, but I use Norton SystemWorks and periodically (at least once a month and frequently twice that often) run their "Norton Cleanup" to dump all cookies, Internet history, cached files, etc. Of course that means I have to sign in again on a few websites, including this one, but it seems to take care of the problems.

/ logged in but not. #3  
Did you click on
REMEMBER ME
:)

/ logged in but not.
More on this:
Experimenting with variables.

The remember me is to hold the login beyond the current session. Since this happens inside a single session it should have no impact. (it apprears it does not.)

If the login is generated from a "you can't do that" message or if it is login and then post it has a high probability of failure. If I login and then surf a page then post it appears to work every time.

Strange.