Status
Not open for further replies.
   / makes me wonder why people use synthetic #1  

KICK

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsu 2000, Hew Holland 875, JD 125
in a vehicle like a tractor.

now I'm reading about synthetic hydraulic oil. WOW. there is a market for anything. I dont recall seeing too many hydraulic pumps wear out because of the oil, more from running dry but I guess synthetic oil will protect against that too.

thinking about it I bet most of us run the tractor 100 hours a year unless we are farmers, rest of us its just a piece of equipment to mow, move horse pucks into neat little piles etc.....

tractor doesn't fall under what would be called severe duty or vocational use like a garbage truck or bus and even they dont usually use synthetic oil.

them old tractors ran for years and years on oil that wasn't much better than what came out of the ground.

and then the same people who pay all that money for synthetic trade the tractor in every few years.

I just dont get it.LOL.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #2  
I run 0w40 synthetic oil because I run my tractors in temps from -10 to 100 degrees. Since I only use them 100 hours a year I don't want to change the oil more than once.
Greg

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #3  
People also buy WATER at over $4 a gallon! From the companies that make soda! Without the ingredients that make it soda! And they charge MORE for it!

If you market it well, people will buy it.

What did the circus owner say...there's a sucker born every minute!

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #4  
There are dozens of threads in this forum in which people shared why they use synthetic oil. No need to wonder about it.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #5  
And there are many other forums on the net where the synthetic topic is discussed. It's a choice, and every choice has consequences.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #6  
I use synthetic oil because it has no Cholesterol and no trans fats.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #7  
It really is hard to believe that there are people that don't use synthetic.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #8  
Not really, just look at the sales figures on dino vs syn oil.

The syn stuff does make my scrambled eggs taste funny though.

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #9  
KICK said:
in a vehicle like a tractor.

now I'm reading about synthetic hydraulic oil. WOW. there is a market for anything. I dont recall seeing too many hydraulic pumps wear out because of the oil, more from running dry but I guess synthetic oil will protect against that too.

thinking about it I bet most of us run the tractor 100 hours a year unless we are farmers, rest of us its just a piece of equipment to mow, move horse pucks into neat little piles etc.....

tractor doesn't fall under what would be called severe duty or vocational use like a garbage truck or bus and even they dont usually use synthetic oil.

them old tractors ran for years and years on oil that wasn't much better than what came out of the ground.

and then the same people who pay all that money for synthetic trade the tractor in every few years.

I just dont get it.LOL.

I'll have you know it's not synthetic oil. It's snake oil. And have you ever tried it?

/ makes me wonder why people use synthetic #10  
I started using synthetic snake oil about two years ago as it was getting to be such a pain to be milking the vipers for a couple of mls of snake oil only once a week. Now the puff adders and rhino vipers are much happier and I've been selling their venom to a cancer lab in the Bahamas for $5,500 a milliliter so that I can always afford all the good synthetics I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.