#00 gear grease

/ #00 gear grease #1  

dqdave1

Veteran Member
Tractor
tc- 29d
What is and where do I find #00 gear grease

/ #00 gear grease #2  
NGLI #00 is a viscosity. The standard stuff you buy to do your tractor and vehicles is normally NGLI #2. #00 is what is considered a semi-fluid grease (very thin) and is often used as a gear box lubricant in place of gear oil.

Most lubricant manufacturers make a NGLI #00 grease. What are you using it for? Two excellent NGLI #00 greases are TRC's 880 Crown and Chassis grease and Millennium 2200 grease. The Millennium 2200 also has Moly and Graphite added as a solid film lubricant additive. For gear cases I recomend the Millennium 2200.

/ #00 gear grease #3  
Of course DP is right on.

Depending on your application.. JD's cornhead grease ( used for the neames stated purpose ) may suit you.

Soundguy

/ #00 gear grease
It is called for in the chain drive gear box of a Harley Power Rake.

/ #00 gear grease #5  
The Millennium 2200 would be perfect for a chain drive gear box application. The chain would greatly benefit from the Moly and Graphite lubricating properties.

/ #00 gear grease
Thanks for your expert advise; I knew you would answer me with information.
Next question; where to buy it.

/ #00 gear grease #7  
Click the link in the above post, the site is mine so the contact info on it is directly to me. :)

/ #00 gear grease #8  
Hi,

Found a good resource for all kinds of stuff tractor folks might need. Check out Applied.com. I can get a Qt of Lubriplate Mag-00 Series Low Temperature Grease for about ~$20 or a gallon for ~$60. Applied tech has 400 locations all around the country and you can mail order on the net too.

Been searching for EP-00 or NLGI 00 semi-liquid grease myself and yeah it's a pain. This stuff is made for leaky gear boxes or pumped central lubrication systems for heavy equipment and ones that are gonna leak due to cheap / poor design. I've got an earthquake rear tine tiller that specified "Mystic 00 transmission fluid PN 1690"

Another problem I've encountered is packaging size. I really don't need a 55gl drum of goo costing more than the equipment I'm repairing. I found my fix and offering it up to help you save some time and equipment. This stuff should be great for weepy PTO gear boxes and Applied may be a good source for bearings, bushings, and seals to fix'em too.

Hope this helps

/ #00 gear grease #9  
Schaeffer greases perform at least as well as Lubriplate and are less expensive. You can get the #00 grease in cases of tubes. Go online to schaefferoil.com. click buy now, choose high performance grease. the 0274 comes in a 30 tube case for $158. coupon code 2762 will get you a 10% discount. Or you can find a Scheaffer guy in your area. Its worth the effort.

/ #00 gear grease #10  
jd cornhead grease is 0# and ep.. can be had at JD parts counters by the tube ( or perhaps by the case in some areas ).

soundguy