Walmart brand tractor fluids

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #1  

passgas55

Bronze Member
I was at a walmart today and was looking at the house brand tractor fluid with JD303 specs. The price was a heck alot cheaper than national brands. So how good are they? I have an Yanmar 2210 and plan to change all my fluids once a year. Tractor should see about 50 hrs a year.

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #2  
they do have good prices on their own brand oil.

I been using Supertech 10w 30 synthetic in my gas powered vehicles for awhile now.

13 dollars and change for a 5 quart jug.

Mobil 1 is 22 bucks for same type oil in same size jug.

literally 2 dollars a quart cheaper. what a bargain.!!!

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #3  
I would not willingly put Wally world brand anything in my $25000 tractor.
Someday I may change my mind, but until then I'll pay the extra for Brand name oil.

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #4  
It all comes from the same source, just gets put into different jugs.

No valid reason to pay more for a "brand name".

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #5  
Gatorboy said:
It all comes from the same source, just gets put into different jugs.

No valid reason to pay more for a "brand name".

I'd doubt it!!!!!!!! I know Valvoline bottles NAPA oil but yet not the same!!!!!! Great sales ploy!!! Kioti is building Kubota tractors too!!!! The list goes on!!!! Got you!!!!!!

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #6  
If it meets the mfgr's standards, why not use it?

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #7  
Somewhere on the web are the MSDS sheets for walmart - I belive they will give you who made what for Walmart..

Brian

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #8  
MikePA said:
If it meets the mfgr's standards, why not use it?

I find it difficult to argue that logic. Anything above mfgr's requirements would seem to be simply a personal preference.

/ Walmart brand tractor fluids #10  
you know, theres nuthing wrong with brand loyalty or paying a little extra for a product.

But in many cases those who believe "if it doesn't have a label, it has to be inferior" are living in a dream world.

maybe the high buck stuff is better but that superiority is measured in decimal points, while the price difference is measured in whole numbers.