USE OLD POWER SERVICE W/ULSD FUEL?

/ USE OLD POWER SERVICE W/ULSD FUEL? #1  

number two

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC Kubota L2501HST
Been thinking about posing this question for some time-Is there anything wrong with using older fuel additives with ULSD fuel? I have several jugs of Power Service as well as some OTR and some other stuff as well. People give me the stuff because they know I'm a diesel nut. Well,I've accumulated it faster than I use it. All the fuel in these parts is ULSD. Off-road and heating oil are ULSD with red dye. I've been using this old additive right along with no problems. I have no engines needing ULSD. Can anyone see a downside to using up this old additive? Would this older additive provide enough protection with the new fuel? Thanks in advance!

/ USE OLD POWER SERVICE W/ULSD FUEL? #2  
If I had, I would use it and not think twice...

/ USE OLD POWER SERVICE W/ULSD FUEL? #3  
In a tractor or pre-07 vehicle it shouldn't be a problem at all. Some additive manufacturers (I'm not sure if PS is one of them) had to change their formulation to meet the new CFR reg's for ULSD additives so they would meet emissions requirements in new engines. As far as compatibility with ULSD it is not a problem.

/ USE OLD POWER SERVICE W/ULSD FUEL? #4  
All the additive manufacturer's have to make sure their additive is less than 15ppm sulfur. It is illegal to add anything to ULSD that causes it's sulfur level to rise above 15ppm.