Changing Hydraulic oil

/ Changing Hydraulic oil #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I am needing to do the 50hr hydraulic fluid change and have been debating what fluid to put in. The manufacturer spec is Citgo Hydraulic Tractor Fluid. That is all it says in the manual. From that I assume any brand of standard Tractor fluid should be OK. I have been debating on switching it to a UTF. So my question is what about the fluid in the lines to the FEL? Do I need to worry about the fluid in the lines when I change the oil? How would I go about emptying the lines if I need to? Does it make a difference about the oil in the lines if I use a standard tractor fluid or UTF?

/ Changing Hydraulic oil #2  
Eric_Phillips said:
So my question is what about the fluid in the lines to the FEL? Do I need to worry about the fluid in the lines when I change the oil? How would I go about emptying the lines if I need to? Does it make a difference about the oil in the lines if I use a standard tractor fluid or UTF?
Nope, no need to worry about the oil in the lines.

/ Changing Hydraulic oil #3  
For all intents and purposes.. 'standard tractor fluid'.. pretty much is UTF... they are all refering to a multi use fluid.

Aboutt he only differences you see are for some that are made for wet brakes / clutches.. and some may be synthetic.. or have other special formulations like kubota's 'super utd'.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Changing Hydraulic oil #4  
Are you sure that the hydraulic fluid must all be changed at 50 hours? With my new tractor (NH) all that the book called for was a filter change.