Diesel Fuel question.....

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #1  

HC-80

Tractor
JD 5303
   / Diesel Fuel question..... #2  
On Road from Service station or Off Road from Co-op both will be OK in a new Tractor but and there is always a but. IMHO I would use Power service additive in the white bottle to every tankful just to keep thing lubed and clean.
you can get Power service additives from Wally World or most Auto parts stores and it is just insurance for a lot of Diesel related problems.

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #3  
I (and everyone would agree Im pretty sure) would suggest you buy your fuel from a place that turns there fuel over on a regular basis so you get the freshest fuel possible.. If you see truckers filling up at a place, that would probably be a good place to get it.. You can always stop in and ask how often they get a load of fuel..

I love pay at the pump, but only Sheetz has that near me and it is just one pump that you hardly ever see anyone using.. So I end up having to go inside to pay at my place..

Brian

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #4  
I agree with both jsborn and thatguy :). Jay

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #5  
I ran on-road ULSD fuel with a 20% bio blend in my tractor and it ran horrible. I don't know if it was the bio, the ULSD or the fact I did not add power service to it but it was powerless and used alot of fuel. I have always ran off road fuel with no bio blend and treated it with power service and have had good results. I would strongly recommend treating your fuel whether you are using it pretty fast or if it sits a while.

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #6  
Birdhunter1:

If you have been using off road, LSD and/or older diesel fuel in your tractors the use of ULSD and biodiesel will tend to lift the accumulated deposits in your fuel system leading to clogged filters and injectors creating performance problems. I use Power Service (White Bottle) religiously. Jay

/ Diesel Fuel question.....
Thanks to all. As I read the posts it seems that the opinions are that on or off road fuel is fine, as long as it is from a pump that sees quite a bit of business. Then to be on the safe side some recommend the additives.

Seems that I read somewhere, perhaps in these forums about only using a certain brand in a JD tractor to avoid voiding the warranty. Any truth or validity to that?

/ Diesel Fuel question.....
JSBORN---You might not have been able to help, but you sure responded to the post quickly. I'm sure you will have an answer to some future question. Thanks for your contributions.

/ Diesel Fuel question..... #10  
i was aware that a biodeisel blend in a tractor that was used to running non-bio fuel woudl cause those problems. One fuel filter and a few headaches later I knew what had happened to mine.
A farmer buddy of mine went through fuel filters like crazy during harvest last year between 4 tractors, 2 semi's, a combine and a pickup truck. His last fuel shipment had a bio blend in it and it was stopping everything up.