Good quality USA made grease gun?

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #1  

tuckybill

I've used a Plews Ultimate grease gun for ten years and its wonderful. USA made. I got a new chinese grease gun to do Moly grease and its awful. Tiny blob of grease at the very last inch of the lever pump. Does anyone make a high quality grease gun? I would like USA made but heck I'll buy chinese if there is one out there ya'll like. I called Plews and they said all theirs were chinese imports now. Tucky

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #2  
I think Lincoln and Alemite both sell good grease guns, but I'd be surprised if they're actually made in the USA anymore.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #3  
I have a 20mm ammo can full of grease guns both new and old, American and foreign made.

They're all junk.

That's why they're kept in the ammo can--there isn't one of them that doesn't leak all over the place.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #4  
If the grease gun leaks oil it's not the grease gun's fault, it's the grease. The grease is bleeding the oil. Look for a better grease with a good oil seperation rating.

As for the grease gun I have not had any problems with Lincoln or Snap On grease guns. I think the Snap On grease guns are actually made by Lincoln, they look like them other than they are red.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #5  
I recently bought one of Plews higher end guns and it works pretty well. Got it at a h/w store in an area where youd think no one would know good from bad much less do their own grease. Not sure if its their ultimate but I was just happy to find one that worked well. :) Ive never seen a Lincoln only Plews.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun?
Found one. Well two. Alemite makes their 500 and pistol grip 550 series here in the USA in Johnson City TN. I emailed Alemite and asked for a local dealer and they responded in about 20 minutes (thats a first) with a dealer right under my nose that I had no idea even carried that kind of stuff. I went there and was so impressed with the quality that I got a pistol grip and a lever. Now to slip in some grease and go...........the 15 foot batwing Bush Hog awaits.........Tucky

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #7  
It's nice to still be able to find product once in a while that are made in the US isn't it. Alemite has a good reputation for quality lubricant dispensing equiment. Your new grease guns should serve you for many years to come. Nice to hear you could get them locally.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #8  
I've got both Plews (flexible hose) and Lincoln (solid steel tube). I don't have any complaints about either after having them both for going on 8-9 years now. All I've done is change the tip on the Plews, I finally wore it out last year. It gets used 95% of the time.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #9  
I got an Alemite 500 at TSC a couple of years ago. No complaints, does what it's supposed to do.

/ Good quality USA made grease gun? #10  
The only way I know to keep a grease gun from leaking is to relieve the pressure on the grease. I have a couple from harbor freight that have a little lever that locks the plunger in any position to accomplish this. They are not a bad gun if you take the plug out of the head and install a bleeder valve.