Hydrotex lubricants

/ Hydrotex lubricants #1  

wichiwichi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500DT,June 2000
Has anyone used Hydrotex in thier tractors. I am getting ready to change hydraulic over and engine oil next. Any comments would be appreciated.

/ Hydrotex lubricants #2  
WichiWichi,

I had not heard of this brand before your post however I have an interest in lubricants so I did a bit of investigation... I found their website, it is www.hydrotexlube.com... Their history section said they purchased the Majestic Lubrication plant in Oklahoma... I have seen the Majestic name on lubricants, mainly motor oil at some Farm and Fleet stores.. Probably is the same product..

They are of course really a blender of oils of which there are many, since they are not a refining company per se.. They buy base stocks, along with additives and then make a unique blend them to specifications with their name.. Nothing wrong in this, that's what Castrol, Valvoline do.. They buy the base stocks from the majors and blend in addditives they either make or buy... If you go to their products category on the site, that's where I would be alittle bit suspect.. They tell you the types of blends and different grades they have, and do reference in the motor oils some basic specifications but no detailed information like pour points, viscosity, etc... things you generally see at all the majors site's on each oil product.. The majors always list "all" specifications and standards each product meets... I did not see this on most of the products, and to specifcally answer your question, on the hydraulic oil... The site says call customer service or their Technical Consultant for information... Now this being said, I would imagine they can provide this information and I suppose the products are just fine, but I would find out, especially if you have a vehicle or tractor under warranty... Personally, unless there is a tremendous price difference I would stay with a major brand...why not? I use Mobil 424 in my tractor as an Universal Hydraulic Trans and Shell Rotella SB (synthetic blend) 10W30 for the oil in my tractor.. There are plenty of others that are just fine such as Coastal Multitrac, Pennzoil Hydratranz, Chevron, etc... all about the same price... Many folks swear by and have gone to Amsoil synthetic... Plenty of posts on this site and in this section on those.... You'll get 10 different opinions from 10 folks on this..... Like I said, have no personal experience with this product, but I usually know what to look for also in a lubricant.....

/ Hydrotex lubricants #3  
wichiwichi, I spoke with one of the guys at Atwoods he stated that the majestic brand sells 3 to 1 over all other oils for the farmers in the tulsa and bartesville area. I got the spec sheet for their hydro fluid and oils several years ago and they appear to be a good petroleum product. We have used thierproducts in our Ford 601 for 12 years now and I don't expect to change. The Kubota will be going synthetic(Amsoil) at it's next service.

/ Hydrotex lubricants #4  
Hey Guys!
I have come across some products that I use as well as have a business with, which test after test has confirmed as being the best out there, compared to others. You can check them out at POWER CURVE, INC. You cannot buy anything off of the web site as we are trying to get others to really take a look, and then go from there, as well. This isn't a mlm company either. Go and really read and check out the links and you will be quite surprised. No snake oil or mouse milk either. Have been with the products for over 3 years, company is starting up so we are just a year old, but the products have been around for 30 years now, and we are getting some independent Napa stores selling it along with some mini sprint car racers using it and getting ready to start having more school districts as well. If you want more info, then just go and read and then we can talk later on. Matter of fact, I will be testing against some Hydrotex products next week with a public works department here, just outside of the Houston area. Be glad to let ya know the turn out when it is done.

/ Hydrotex lubricants #5  
Hi guys, I work at the Tulsa Hydrotex facility. I use our motor oil, Hyfilm LEO 10w30, in my GMC truck, Ford Mustang and Yamaha motorcycle. I also use our Hyrev two stroke oil for lawn equipment and injector 3000 injector cleaner for all my gasoline powered items. I won't use anything else. Not just because I am employed by the company. They are not a fly and buy product company. Hydrotex wants to educate customers on their products, that's why they prefer that you contact a sales consultant or their technical support group to help you make the right choice for your specific application. So if possible take the time to make that call to consult our techs if you need any specific information.

/ Hydrotex lubricants #7  
im sorry for not getting back in a timely manner. Essentialube is a wonderful product for all types of crank cases and a cleaning agent for the fuel system. i use it to clean out sludge in the crank case during an oil change. thats what i do every once in a while. i also use it spraying directly into the throttle body to help clean out the carbon build up. this is a multi purpose product for just about anything. now i have also been told this will help remove warts too.... thats all hear say.... try at your own risk

/ Hydrotex lubricants #8  
Mike Q...
Probably will pass on the wart remover try out...
BUT can you tell me what the shelf life is?
I have a drum of it that has to be over 25 years old..
Is it ok to use in fuel injected cars with cat converters? Thanks for anything you can find out about it... KennyV

/ Hydrotex lubricants #9  
Yikes this thread is 11 years old. I'm not the Division Partner for your area, but if you are at all interested, you can email me and I will put you in touch with the DP that is local to you. jwest@hydrotexlube.com

Mike Q...
Probably will pass on the wart remover try out...
BUT can you tell me what the shelf life is?
I have a drum of it that has to be over 25 years old..
Is it ok to use in fuel injected cars with cat converters? Thanks for anything you can find out about it... KennyV