FORD 134?

/ FORD 134? #11  
Robert_in_NY said:
So the New Holland brand of oil isn't that far out of line for normal prices and you are getting the recommended oil.

Not by much Robert, If I can remember it :( I think NH oil was just a bit shy of $3/quart, so two gallons of NH probably cost about $25 vs & 20 of Mystik.

JC,

/ FORD 134? #12  
JC-jetro said:
Not by much Robert, If I can remember it :( I think NH oil was just a bit shy of $3/quart, so two gallons of NH probably cost about $25 vs & 20 of Mystik.

JC,

I posted a link in one of my replys above to Neil Messicks website that list the prices of all the New Holland fluids but will post it again New Holland Fluids

For 1 qt of 134 is $3.24/qt, 1 gallon is $12.54 and a 5 gallon bucket is $51.82. I didn't find a price for 2.5 gallon jugs there. Also, if you buy during the dealers spring sale you can usually get at least 10% off.

I use to buy cheap grease from TSC but it really was cheap and I was tired of the oil running out of the cheap grease tubes. I ended up buying a case of NH grease for less then I was paying for the cheap grease and the NH grease is much better. The oil doesn't run out anywhere near as bad as the other junk. I bought the case 2 years ago and am almost out of grease now but should have enough for this spring. I will have to look over my inventory before spring time.

/ FORD 134? #13  
I liked the CNH blue grease. i just used my last tube of it from some cases i had bouhgt a couple years ago. In a pinch I had to run to napa to get a case of their grease to finish the other machines.. was dismayed to find cnh no longer had the blue grease...

soundguy

/ FORD 134? #14  
Soundguy said:
I liked the CNH blue grease. i just used my last tube of it from some cases i had bouhgt a couple years ago. In a pinch I had to run to napa to get a case of their grease to finish the other machines.. was dismayed to find cnh no longer had the blue grease...

soundguy

That is going to be disappointing if its true. I only have enough of the blue grease to make it thru this year.

Do you know why they don't make the blue grease anymore? Is the replacement suppose to be better?

/ FORD 134? #15  
Dunno.. but may be it has to do with being bought .. or merged with case.. ??

dunno know about the new grease.. since they didn't have blue ( calle dto check ).. I didn't drive the 45 minutes to get some.. instead drove 15 minutes to napa for some 'red' grease.

soundguy

/ FORD 134? #16  
I think you can only use that red grease in the CNH Case tractors. Blue must be used in the NHs. Red and blue mixed make violet. Some day if CNH comes up with a violet tractor, then that would be appropriate.

I seem to recall that Advance Auto maybe sells a blue Valvoline synthetic product. Maybe it was only semi or a blend, in which case, I wouldn't waste my money.

Seriously, if someone finds the blue NH grease, let us know.

/ FORD 134? #17  
In RE your NH dealer, where I live it is the Massey dealer that should have a change room at the front door so you can disrobe and back in for your shocking information on prices

/ FORD 134? #18  
I am not sure what cost you are getting for the Ford 134 hydrau/Trans fluid but the TSC prices for Mystic is half that of what the Dealership quoted me: 5 gal @ $78.68, 2.5 gal @ $45.01 and 1 gal at $20.52! I am glad to see this forum. I will definitely go check out TSC's brands!

Considering I work for Chrysler and know how much our MOPAR parts cost the consumer, I will not comment on mark-up, though I will say that with my employee discount, I still will not buy Mopar parts unless I have no other choice!

I am wondering when OEM's will get off their mountains and join us real folks!

I will check out the Ford Fluid Cost link someone provided! Thanks!

/ FORD 134? #19  
Well, topped up the crankcase with straight hydrolic fluid instead of the required 134 type. Used it a an hour or so, any ideas if I've damaged anything. Plan on drain and change first opportunity.

/ FORD 134? #20  
crankcase? if you put utf OR hyd oil into a crankcase I'd change immediatly.

if you meant you topped of a hyd resv with utf instead of plain 'jack oil' hyd fluid.. then i wouldn't do anything.. you put in a higher quality oil than it already had! :)

soundguy