FORD 134?

/ FORD 134? #1  

TOMDUALLY

Silver Member
I just bought a FORD 3600 (gas) and it calls for 'ford 134' or a suitable equivalent for the transmission oil. Problem is that I can't find a cross reference chart that list a suitable equivalent for it. The oil is milky white so I want to change it before I end up having to change all the bearings.

/ FORD 134? #2  
Why don't you just go to a New Holland dealer and get it?

If you can't go to a NH dealer or don't want to I am sure someone at TSC would be able to check to see what fluid they have that would be similar.

I just prefer to use the NH oils and not worry about if it meets the right specs and such.

/ FORD 134? #3  
The Kubota UDT spec is very close. Then again about any trans/hydraulic fluid in 30 wt is close. Make sure you use trans/hydraulic and not straight hydraulic as there is a difference.

One trick is to add 2 qts of "Diesel 911" to the fluid or better is some of the additives like "Stanadyne" that will drop the water out of solution and drive it around for 10 min or so to mix it up good and then park it over night. The water will more easily be removed. I will then add 5 gal of diesel with additve and flush it again. If the hydraulics are run from the same sump you will have to drain and flush the cylinders too. A real messy job.

Also, Donaldson and others make water absorbing hydraulic filters. I would run one AFTER you put new fluid in for a month then change filters.

Typically water in the trans is from the gear shift lever boot being worn. A fantastic amount of water gets in that way.

/ FORD 134? #4  
TOMDUALLY said:
I just bought a FORD 3600 (gas) and it calls for 'ford 134' or a suitable equivalent for the transmission oil. Problem is that I can't find a cross reference chart that list a suitable equivalent for it. The oil is milky white so I want to change it before I end up having to change all the bearings.

You can purchase several brands from TSC that have rating of "Ford 134". The brand I bough was Mystic. I replaced my hyd fluid with that with no issues.

or you can buy NH brand

dsc03443yj7.jpg

/ FORD 134?
Thanks for all of your replies, the problem that I have is that we have only one New Holland/Ford dealer and their prices make John Deere's look like a used VW dealer. example a wheel bolt 3/4'X1 1/2" fine thread $21.95 the nut was $24.95, now you can see why I was looking for a subsitute.

/ FORD 134? #6  
TOMDUALLY said:
Thanks for all of your replies, the problem that I have is that we have only one New Holland/Ford dealer and their prices make John Deere's look like a used VW dealer. example a wheel bolt 3/4'X1 1/2" fine thread $21.95 the nut was $24.95, now you can see why I was looking for a subsitute.

Tom,

TSC's Mystik transmission oil with SKU#8030643 meets Ford 134 specs. it is $19.75 for 5 gallons. it is a better price comparing to NH. I had it for a year in my tractor and visual observation so far does not show any degradation of oil for my not so intense use.

JC,

/ FORD 134? #7  
M2C134D will probably be the spec you need to look for.. though there are newer ones.. etc.

TSC carries it.. black pail / orange lable.. says universal trans draulic fluid

NAPA carries a tractor fluid # 27-200 UTF fluid

Walmart has a tractor and transdraulic fluid.. black pail.. blue/green label.. etc.

soundguy

/ FORD 134? #8  
Neils site will give you an idea if your NH dealers prices are out of line. I always buy my fluids in the spring during my NH dealers spring sales and I forget how much I save but have had good luck with NH oils so I don't worry about switching New Holland Fluids

/ FORD 134? #9  
JC-jetro said:
Tom,

TSC's Mystik transmission oil with SKU#8030643 meets Ford 134 specs. it is $19.75 for 5 gallons. it is a better price comparing to NH. I had it for a year in my tractor and visual observation so far does not show any degradation of oil for my not so intense use.

JC,

Just a correction, the price I paid was $19.75 for a 2 gallon jug rather than a five gallon bucket. Funny thing is how our minds work, I was in meeting this am, got a little boring and my mind started wondering aimlessly and then I thought.. Hmmm .. I remembered I bought 2 gallon bucket and not 5, and my post was incorrect. When I came out of the meeting the time was expired for me to edit my post.

Well, I guess I earned my keeps today.. What a country .. I say :D

JC,

/ FORD 134? #10  
JC-jetro said:
Just a correction, the price I paid was $19.75 for a 2 gallon jug rather than a five gallon bucket. Funny thing is how our minds work, I was in meeting this am, got a little boring and my mind started wondering aimlessly and then I thought.. Hmmm .. I remembered I bought 2 gallon bucket and not 5, and my post was incorrect. When I came out of the meeting the time was expired for me to edit my post.

Well, I guess I earned my keeps today.. What a country .. I say :D

JC,

So the New Holland brand of oil isn't that far out of line for normal prices and you are getting the recommended oil.