My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up
LBrown59 said:
Yes this is the "pimp" I mean pump that I used, it was on clearance for $69.00 at Northerntools.com. It is very robust. I was hesitant on purchasing it, but once received I recommend it highly. Nice on/off switch, cast iron head, bronze impeller. Easily portable for use with other diesel applications.

Attachments

• pimp2.gif
    pimp2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 462
tlbuser said:
Did you have someone determine the lowest nozzle size useable or have you been replacing it with the same size the oil co. put in?
Typically, the oil co. service guys use the largest size so you'll burn more oil :(

Thanks tlbuser for the information, if your refering to my home furnace, I have a Williamson and I use a 0.75 gallon/ hour 70 degree hollow cone nozzel with a F3 burner head. Though the furnace calls out a 1.0 gallon/ hour nozzel I never had an issue in the 20 years I have used the 0.75 gallon/ hour nozzels. I usuually change them once a year.

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #24  
bialecki said:
Yes this is the pump that I used, it was on clearance for $69.00 at Northerntools.com. It is very robust.

*I was hesitant on purchasing it, but once received I recommend it highly. Nice on/off switch, cast iron head, bronze impeller. Easily portable for use with other diesel applications.
I'd seen it on Northerns site quite some time ago but had forgotten about it.

*Like you I have been hesitant about it due to wondering if it was the right thing and would it work OK especially since it cost so much less than their other 150 to 300 dollar pumps.
I have a 30 gallon drum I got a couple of summers ago and have been looking for a pump for it that didn't cost an arm and a leg.
````````Thanks for your post:
I think I will order the pump today while it's still on sale for $69.oo.
== L B ==

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #26  
bialecki said:
Yes this is the pump that I used, it was on clearance for $69.00 at Northerntools.com. It is very robust. I was hesitant on purchasing it, but once received I recommend it highly. Nice on/off switch, cast iron head, bronze impeller. Easily portable for use with other diesel applications.
I just ordered one about 5 minutes ago.
http://www.northerntool.com/images/p.../109585_lg.gif

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #27  
   / My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #28  
I was thinking of the same sort of setup. How much of a problem is water condensation. Do you need diesel additives to deal with it??

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #29  
flINTLOCK said:
I was thinking of the same sort of setup. How much of a problem is water condensation. Do you need diesel additives to deal with it??
Home heating oil tanks have a drain plug on the bottom to drain water off that accumulates.
I haven't figured out how to handle the problem with my 30 gallon plastic drum that don't have A bottom drain plug in it.
Can anybody give FLINTLOCK and me some ideas on how to handle the water that accumulates in the bottom of the drum.??
== L B ==
PS:
Just got an e-mail from Northern Tool that they've shipped the pump.

flINTLOCK said:
After about 9 months of owning the 30 gallon caddy I don't have condensation nor other water in the tank. It does not have a drain in the bottom. I just add Diesel treatment that you can get at Walmart and it absorbs whatever water may be in the fuel, so no problem to date.

If you have any questions with the Northern diesel pump PM me and I'll help if I can.