Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded?

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #51  
Iron Horse said:
(Tip) NEVER grease the loader while it is raised , doing so will force grease to the loose side of the pin as the other side (the working side)is metal to metal (pin against bush) and wont get any grease . The pins dont rotate far enough to spread the grease around the pin so undue wear will result .

Iron Horse makes an interesting observation that may hold true for many other pins, not just the loader. Does anyone else unload implement holding pressures, like BH components, before greasing the pins?

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #52  
I do the same thing. One of the first things I was told when I was a heavy truck mechanic was to raise the front axle off the ground before greasing the king pins. The grease does no good if it never gets to the part that needs lubricated.

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #53  
I have the same kind of problem on a brand new mid mount mower (MMM) from kubota that is used on a BX2660. I was greasing the MMM and an entire Zerk fitting came off in the grease gun. The grease gun is an el cheapo hand pumped kind.
Since I don't know a lot of the terms you guys are using, pictures are *always* helpful to newbies like me. :)

I still don't know how to get the fitting out of the grease gun. I'll try and see if the gun end can be loosened and I'll also try removing the flexible tube from the body to see if that breaks any vacuum.

Thanks.

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #54  
The part of the grease gun that the zerk is stuck in can be loosened. If you hold it like you were planning to shoot grease in your face, not recommended:rolleyes:, turn the section nearest to you counter clockwise, the zerk should be released.

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #55  
Hey, it worked!

Are your Zerks on your MMM's press-in or threaded? I could hardly tell with just visual inspection but the fingernail trick told the story. Mine are concentric rings instead of threads. So, I pushed it back in and used the hammer a little to seat it. Found two others of the wheels where the zerk was very loose and maybe about to fall out, too. Dang.

/ Can't get the grease gun off the grease fitting..am I retarded? #56  
Sorry about the bump guys.
I hadn't seen this before.

I broke a few nipples until I read the manual on my McNaught.

After you have finished greasing you push the connection back down onto the nipple same as when you first put it on and it releases like magic.

Works for me and I felt like a Dumbo when I saw how easy it was.

Wombat