I am simply baffled

/ I am simply baffled #61  
Funny you say that ..I have always used thrifty instead of cheap..there is a difference...to me someone who is cheap refuses to see the value of what they are buying whereas someone who is thrifty recognizes the value but seeks the best deal...

I think we're saying the same thing ... from different directions. :rolleyes:

/ I am simply baffled #62  
Yes, because we all know that Nascar teams win because of the oil they use or the candy bars they eat or the soda they drink, because that's what they say they owe their victory to. :rolleyes: Not because of a good engine builder or lucky pit timing or good driving. :rolleyes:

But clearly, the marketing works on some people.

The thing about NASCAR teams is no matter what decals are on the side of the car most teams are using Mobil 1, Schaffer's, or Royal Purple.
You can't beat synthetic oil in severe conditions like racing, or towing.
There's also nothing wrong with running a good quality dino oil in less severe conditions if you change it often enough.
A friend works at a car dealer. He had a fit when the dealership switched from a name brand oil to an off brand. I did some research and found the off brand oil was made by Conoco and had the same specs as Conoco branded oil.

Last edited: