help need hydraulic filter

/ help need hydraulic filter #1  

davidseaquist

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Ingersoll Rand Bl370b
I posted in the equipment forum.

I am looking for a filter element for my Ingersoll rand bl370 the same tractor as a Bobcat b 300 [ earth force ] tractor loader backhoe.

I called Volvo they quoted me $190 for a filter element assembly[ 15395858 ]

I called Bobcat they quoted me $167.31 for a filter element assembly [ 6961199 ] .

I am hoping to find replacement elements and o-rings generic I would think they would be a lot cheaper.
Thanks David

/ help need hydraulic filter #2  
did you ever find something?

/ help need hydraulic filter #3  
   / help need hydraulic filter #4  
guessing no one found a cheaper solution? :(

/ help need hydraulic filter #5  
   / help need hydraulic filter #6  
Can call, but there is nothing listed for the Bobcat equivalent (B300) of my machine in that file.
236 for a filter seems pretty steep to me...

/ help need hydraulic filter #7  
For that price i would pull the filter and install and external return side filter housing and filter.

/ help need hydraulic filter #8  
If this is a hydrostatic charge filter is is a moderately high pressure filter, rated to about 1,000 psi vs the 100 psi of an engine oil filter or about the same for a suction filter. Housing is heavier and filter media is stronger.

/ help need hydraulic filter #9  
If this is a hydrostatic charge filter is is a moderately high pressure filter, rated to about 1,000 psi vs the 100 psi of an engine oil filter or about the same for a suction filter. Housing is heavier and filter media is stronger.

Pardon the ignorance, how would I know if it was a charge filter?

Hadn't thought of replacing with a separate filter as noted above, but then again I'm looking to sell the machine shortly so the cost of modifying the hoses etc probably is more than just buying a filter for 1x.