Home heating oil tank as diesel storage tank

/ Home heating oil tank as diesel storage tank #11  
LBrown59 said:
I used 27 gallon of it in about 40 or 45 days.

Yup, needs differ. I ran about 27 gallons of diesel through my tractor on Friday cutting in some trails to use this summer. That tractor only has a 33 gallon tank on it and I don't generally let it run down that much. In a 500 gallon tank I've had diesel last just fine for over a year when I've added Power Service to it; knowing it wouldn't be used in a normal month. But, yes, diesel generally lasts quite a bit longer than modern gasoline.

/ Home heating oil tank as diesel storage tank
I'm wanting to have more diesel on hand for a couple of reasons. One, pre-buying diesel when it's a little cheaper to make it through the more expensive times. Also, I want to buy farm diesel from my local coop. I know they burn through a lot here in Indiana, so I'm not worried about it being old. And third, I want a good amount on hand in case I need to run my PTO powered generator for any length of time.

I will treat whatever I buy with powerservice, and I want to build a little shed around it. One to prevent theft, and two to keep the sun off it. Try to minimize condensation. I know it's not a perfect setup, but all I can do is try.

Josh

/ Home heating oil tank as diesel storage tank #13  
Boiler74 said:
I want to build a little shed around it.
Josh
I have mine in this but it's very crowded in there.
What I want to do is get a small metal storage building say an 8x 10 to a 10 x 14 and set it up in that.

I will set / place the building on skids that way I won't have to pay real-estate taxes on the building.