Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Default Re: R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!

I just bouth three five gallon buckets of ProMax hydraulic oil from my fuel supllier. They are a distributor for gas stations in the area, but also sell off road, red died diesel and oils. This oil is rated for my 168hp hydrostatic drive Case dozer. It has incredible preasure to run the tracks and push a load of dirt. I paid $29.35 for each five gallon bucket.

The off road diesel was $4.17 a gallon today.

Eddie

Tractor
    Kubota L3240Hst

That was cheap, I've been paying $4.30 gal for off road in VT, but I did notice at the gas pumps the prices droping so maybe the off road diesel is less this week also

BY

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Quote Originally Posted by botayota
    That was cheap, I've been paying $4.30 gal for off road in VT, but I did notice at the gas pumps the prices droping so maybe the off road diesel is less this week also

BY

Last week . I paid $4.40 per gal.

Tractor
    CAT 247B MTL / Ford 1310

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he's been picking up his hydraulic fuel at Sam's Club. He said it's cheaper there than anywhere else he's seen. He's buying it there to fill his Komatsu AWS backhoe.

Bene legere saecla vincere.

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy
    I just picked up 5 gallons of hyd fluid from kubota for my RTV900 and...it was $115 dollars. Is there, or should I say, what is the substitute that is less expensive but just as good. I would say over half the price is for "Kubota".

While I am on the subject, is there anything special about the Kubota 15w40 engine oil? It is $17 per gallon and I can pick up Rotella for 10-12 a gallon.

Thanks.
    From what I have read and spoke with a few folks on this subject STAY with the Kubota brand Hyd fluid or you will run into operating problems with your hydrostatic transmission.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1533

Quote Originally Posted by shvl73
    I used Massey Permatran @ $75/5gals recently. Was yours the regular or synthetic? I've used cheaper in the past but, I'm sticking with Permatran now, has snappier pedal response.
    I paid $186 for 10 gallons two weeks ago, and it had just went up over $1 a gallon they said.
    Some of my ancestors hung by the neck, but none by the tail.

Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

I went to my local kubota dealership (they sell New Holland also) last week to buy some trans/hydraulic fluid for my L35. The parts guy told me they used the New Holland brand in Kubota tractors in the service dept. because it was spec'd the same.

I let him talk me into buying the New Holland stuff, but I haven't used it yet. I'm still mulling it over, would hate to damage my machine over $50-100.00, not sure what I'll do. Might take it back and get a couple SUDT pails, might not. Wish I could be sure it really is compatible.
    .....Tim

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5525

I checked Sam's Club over the weekend and they sell A&W 46, no specs on the 5gal pale. It just says hydraulic fluid and goes on to say top quality type stuff.

White Shark: Know anything more about his use?

Irwin and Coobie: It is a tuff call with no easy answer. I have IH, Mahindra, New Holland, and kubota products and 6 different pales of lub. What a pain. I would like to be able to say it is just a bunch of talk by the manufactures, but at this point have not been willing to risk they are wrong.
    Slippy

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy
    I checked Sam's Club over the weekend and they sell A&W 46, no specs on the 5gal pale. It just says hydraulic fluid and goes on to say top quality type stuff.

White Shark: Know anything more about his use?

Irwin and Coobie: It is a tuff call with no easy answer. I have IH, Mahindra, New Holland, and kubota products and 6 different pales of lub. What a pain. I would like to be able to say it is just a bunch of talk by the manufactures, but at this point have not been willing to risk they are wrong.
    I agree slippy on the tough call.There are a few folks over at compacttractor review forum in the RTV 900 section that tried something different than the Kubota hyro. fluid and had operating problems with there trannys.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC30

My local TSC had the travelers on sale for $39.99 per 5 gallons.

It said it crossed to the NH134 that my tractor needs, good enough for me.
    New Holland TC30

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast