R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I just picked up 5 gallons of hyd fluid from Kubota for my RTV900 and...it was $115 dollars. Is there, or should I say, what is the substitute that is less expensive but just as good. I would say over half the price is for "Kubota".

While I am on the subject, is there anything special about the Kubota 15w40 engine oil? It is $17 per gallon and I can pick up Rotella for 10-12 a gallon.

Thanks.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #2  
I used Massey Permatran @ $75/5gals recently. Was yours the regular or synthetic? I've used cheaper in the past but, I'm sticking with Permatran now, has snappier pedal response.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #3  
That sucks, If I recall, I just paid around $50 for 5 gallons of New Hollands hydraulic oil. It was less then $60 for sure. Is it like that at all Kubota dealers (check Messicks site) or is that one dealer just marking things up way high?

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #4  
Tractor Supply has a UTD(?) equivilant for much less. Traveler Universal tractor fluid. I bought 7.5 gal for $63.00+/- just the other day,(special 5.5 gal. bucket and a 2 gal jug. A bunch of applications on the jugs; seems to cover a lot of applications:confused:

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #5  
I just got 5 gal. JD Hydraulic Fluid from my JD Dealer for $55.00 …
Leo

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #6  
Hiya,

TSC had the GP hyd oil for mid 50's when I was there last week. The same stuff they had on sale 6 weeks ago for 23.95. (Man I wish I had bought more than 2 pails then...)

Tom

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #7  
Just be glad your not in the industrial manufacturing business. Some industrial lubricants can run well over $1,000 for 5 gallons.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!
Well...I guess I just don't want to believe it. If you had the time, I bet research would show that it is all about the label. The stuff thats in the Kubota pail is probably the same stuff thats in the TSC pail...just a different label. So, how much is the used stuff worth then...ha, yeap I know the answer to that one.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil!
Robert_in_NY said:
That sucks, If I recall, I just paid around $50 for 5 gallons of New Hollands hydraulic oil. It was less then $60 for sure. Is it like that at all Kubota dealers (check Messicks site) or is that one dealer just marking things up way high?
Messicks web site says $102. Add shipping and it would probably be higher than $115.

/ R U kidding...$115 for 5gal of oil! #10  
I paid about $135 for a 6 gallon pail of Texas Refinery 's 303 Special Hydraulic fluid. Had some really good specs (Kubota UDT and SUDT as well as HyGuard) and at least shipping wasa free.

My pump was noticably cavitating under heavy load with the old fluid, which was the standard HyGuard I installed last year. No more cavitation with the TRC brand and the machine has much smoother performance. The hydraulics seem to work with the same speed (never a problem) but they seem smoother to operate.