additives for low sulfur diesel

/ additives for low sulfur diesel #21  
ATF fluid and acetone

/ additives for low sulfur diesel #22  
I mix up a cocktail of Power Service and 2 cycle oil. I'm probably over treating, but I haven't seem any ill effects. In fact, it seems to quiet the engines down.

BTW - I prefer Howes or Stanadyne fuel treatment over PS, but both are harder to find. PS is like Starbucks, can be found everywhere, but tastes awful.
Now that's funny! :laughing: :thumbsup:

/ additives for low sulfur diesel #23  
ATF fluid and acetone

Hmmmm, thats a new one. Use that combo for rusted tight bolts/nuts.

Have heard of the atf trick, specially for older diesels..... Them fangled 2 stroke detriots to be more presice...

I concure with mace canute, One may never know the woes of premature wear of pumps/injectors or jellied fuel on a nice crisp single or minus ferenhight diget winters day along with frozen fingers. I know the feeling of all of that, and I prefure the ounces of prevention over the cost of time, tempers, and repairs.

/ additives for low sulfur diesel #24  
Make sure the 2 cycle oil you are using is green and not red if your diesel is used for the street. Otherwise the dye could get you into trouble if ever the engine was tested for untaxed fuel.

/ additives for low sulfur diesel #26  
I use OptiLube in my kubota and Duramax pickup. Worked great for me. There are some great reviews on the topic that led me to OptiLube