used oil analysis

/ used oil analysis #1  

ihookem

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota 7510 hst
I have a GMC diesel pickup with Amsoil in it and am looking for a good place to get a used oil analysis. Does anyone have a place they can recomend?

/ used oil analysis #2  
Are you a Amsoil preferred customer/ dealer ?? If so, buy their kit from Oil Anaylzers. That's who I use

/ used oil analysis #4  
I second Oil Analyzers through amsoil. I have heard more people using blackstone, but there price for a regular analysis was higher than OA. To get the TBN analysis with Blackstone, it was an extra $10 and you had to send a new sample of the oil you used along with it. With Oil Analyzers the TBN test was included in the regular analysis and since its through amsoil they already have the original oil there (if your using amsoil), so you don't need to send a new sample. All around Oil Analyzers was cheaper and worked great. But like I said, I have heard more people use Blackstone, Oil Analyzers just worked better for me.

/ used oil analysis #5  
I used Blackstone as well and never had to send them a sample of the unused oil. Maybe they did not have a baseline on the oil.

Once upon a time I did find a review on the web about UOA companies. Blackstone was rated at the top. You might want to search and see what you turn up. I was not searching for a review of UOA companies but somehow surfed into a review which I just scanned.

Later,
Dan

/ used oil analysis #6  
Blackstone charges $32.50 for a UOA, including TBN; $22.50 without TBN. Being a bit of an oil nut, I always ask for a TBN.

Their sample kits are free, and they'll send your results in an e-mail if you want.

Personally, I think it's worth it to have a UOA done each, or every other, oil change, just to keep tabs on what's happening in there. The last one they did for me on the X595, there was a high silicon (dust) reading - I'd changed the air filters, and one of them wasn't seated properly. That $32.50 probably saved a bunch of $$.

/ used oil analysis #7  
Oil Analyzers is a better deal compared to Blackstone. But OAI I do not like there poor comments on the bottom.

/ used oil analysis #8  
With oil analysis providers you get what you pay for. The providers that charge more, Blackstone being one provide in my opinion a more accurate analysis performed by a experienced analyst who have years of experience in the field. Even at over $32 it's still cheap. A Dyson Analysis Premium Kit Package runs $60.00. Is it worth it, yes. Terry provides a extremely accurate lab report and is highly knowledgeable with years of experience in the field. He will often catch problems not flagged by other service providers.

/ used oil analysis #9  
yup, Used Terry a few time and well worth it..Do not mess with fellow Texans!

/ used oil analysis
I sent my sample off and it was 21.50 with Oil Analysers through Amsoil.