Kerosine tank now diesel tank

/ Kerosine tank now diesel tank #1  

Kendrick

Gold Member
Tractor
DK45S(Cab)
Is there any thing I should do maintance wise to the tank before I start it back in service as a fuel tank? ie a rust proventitive and or some other water fighting things?

/ Kerosine tank now diesel tank #2  
I would assume you wanted to make sure it was still in good shape first thing.. Depending on how long since it was last used and if it still has fuel left in it, you may want to run some sort of fungicide incase there is some residual fungus in the tank..

Otherwise I think I would try to rinse it out just to get any rust, crud, or other misc stuff out of the tank..

good luck

Brian

/ Kerosine tank now diesel tank #3  
Is there any thing I should do maintance wise to the tank before I start it back in service as a fuel tank? ie a rust proventitive and or some other water fighting things?
How many gallons will the tank hold???????????????

/ Kerosine tank now diesel tank #4  
I would add 32 oz of power service in the white bottle to 55 gallon of fuel in addition to making sure tank is free and clear of dirt rust and water.