Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet

/ Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet #1  

Tim12659

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, Cub Cadet 3186, Kubota BX1860
Anyone having Cub Cadet OIL PAINS for the tranny/hydro....consider this.
The majority of Cub 3000 series Garden tractors have Hydrostatic transmissions built by HYDRO GEAR INC. I have the service manual for the BDU-10 and BDU 21L Tranny....the factory recommends 15w-50 Mobil one synthetic (I USE THIS) or equilavent to this or 10w-40 Dino oil....to H*** with these CC Dealers charging $12.00 pr quart for a synthetic Blend oil! If anyone wants to see the service manual and specs for these Transmissions I will gladly post the info if someone will guide me through it or I can personally e-mail it to anyone.....Tim

/ Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet #2  
Thanks, Tim 12659

Hydro Gear Transmission info that I have ... not much, but agrees with your info!

I have the GT3100 Garden Tractor, and, yes, I will be looking for a less expensive, good quality replacement oil for its transmission.

Attachments

• hydrogears.JPG
    hydrogears.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
   / Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet #3  
I have a GT2554 for sale.
I am giving away 4 or 5 quarts of the CC brand tranny fluid with it.
Anyone having Cub Cadet OIL PAINS for the tranny/hydro....consider this.
The majority of Cub 3000 series Garden tractors have Hydrostatic transmissions built by HYDRO GEAR INC. I have the service manual for the BDU-10 and BDU 21L Tranny....the factory recommends 15w-50 Mobil one synthetic (I USE THIS) or equilavent to this or 10w-40 Dino oil....to H*** with these CC Dealers charging $12.00 pr quart for a synthetic Blend oil! If anyone wants to see the service manual and specs for these Transmissions I will gladly post the info if someone will guide me through it or I can personally e-mail it to anyone.....Tim

/ Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet #4  
I have a GT2554 for sale.
I am giving away 4 or 5 quarts of the CC brand tranny fluid with it.

Naughty naughty! You have to put for sale stuff in the for sale area.

You are soooo in trouble!;)

jb

/ Hydro Oil For Cub Cadet #5  
I have a Simplicity 23hp Prestige model that is due for its hydro tranny oil change.
The service manual calls for 10w-30, but the engineer at the tranny factory (Tuff-Tork) said to use 5w-50 synthetic. Either will work, but they like the 5w-50 because it dissipates heat better and will extend the service schedule a bit. I'm going with the 5w-50.