seal conditioner

/ seal conditioner #1  

case685

Silver Member
Hi All I have recently bought a tractor(Iseki TA357) that had been sitting for a long time. I found out when I changed the hydraulic fluid that it was quite low( less than 2 litres drained out :eek: ). Anyway, when I refilled it I noticed it was leaking from the axle seals. I know I may ultimatley have to replace the seals but I was wondering if anyone has run into this and tryed using a seal conditioner or if after some use its possible the seals would absorb some fluid and work again. I put Hytran Ultra fluid in it but not sure if it has additives to help condition seals. I googled seal conditioner but the only thing that came up is a product called Forte which sounds good but doesn't seem to be available locally. Thanks. Gerry

/ seal conditioner #2  
The only fluid I would use since I have used it for years is LC20. Been around for like 55+ years.

/ seal conditioner
HI SW thanks for the reply. I looked around but the product you mention doesn't seem to be available locally. Is it an actual seal conditioner or is it something like what Lucas offers. They have a enhanced hydraulic oil thats supposed to condition seals but I couldn't tell from reading the container whether you have to use it exclusively or whether you can add it to existing fluid.

/ seal conditioner #4  
Texas Refinery sells a seal conditioner for hydraulic systems. I have not used it, but if it matches their performance in other oils, I'm sure it will work well. TRC sells through local dealers, so you'll either have to find one locally, order online or PM some of the members here that sell it.

As for local auto parts store remedies, I think Bars makes a product for engine seals. Don't know how compatible it would be for a hydraulic system.

/ seal conditioner #5  
HI SW thanks for the reply. I looked around but the product you mention doesn't seem to be available locally. Is it an actual seal conditioner or is it something like what Lucas offers. They have a enhanced hydraulic oil thats supposed to condition seals but I couldn't tell from reading the container whether you have to use it exclusively or whether you can add it to existing fluid.

Lc20 is made by Lubecontrol.com email Jeff or odis and they will help ya. Also in the lonestar state.

/ seal conditioner #6  
Yes there are stop leak products and they do work. The products work by swelling the seals. Some like the TRC stop leak product also contain a additive package booster to improve the base lubricants properties. They won't stop a gusher of a leak but if you have is a weapage or mild dripping leak they usually work.

/ seal conditioner
Just updating. I bought a gallon of Lucas hyd. treatment and put it in with the existing fluid. Gave me about a 15% mix. I took the tractor for a good spin around the farm. Put a couple pails under the axles and the next day saw that although the dripping hasn't stopped it is quite a bit less than it was. Hopefully it will continue to improve.