BX24 Fram Filters..........

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #1  

Shmudda

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Looking to do my 50 hr oil and lube changes real soon and I'm looking for both engine and hydraulic filter numbers from Fram. Anybody have them out there?

Craig

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #3  
LBrown, I've run nothing but FRAM filters on an 87 jeep 2.1 turbo diesel (265k mi) and still running and a 96 VW tdi (212k mi) still running. Yea, those FRAM filters are crap!

Craig, try looking for an online cross reference or go to the Fram web site.
Sincerely, Dirt

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #4  
I would be careful on engine oil filters for the BX tractors, some of the crosses I have found are also used on motorcycle applications and the filter does not contain a full sized element. On the hydro nothing but the Kubota, just too many paramters that must be matched on hydraulic filters to make them work right and those pumps are expensive to fix.

David Kb7uns

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #6  
I would be careful on engine oil filters for the BX tractors, some of the crosses I have found are also used on motorcycle applications and the filter does not contain a full sized element. On the hydro nothing but the Kubota, just too many paramters that must be matched on hydraulic filters to make them work right and those pumps are expensive to fix.

David Kb7uns

I have used Fram on BX, carquest etc...All work fine. As far as I know, no one makes an NONE OEM hyd filter. Oil filters are made by many and will work fine. Kubota filters are WAY overpriced.

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #7  
I've heard Fram is one of the worst filters out there.

Years ago I worked part time at UPS. They serviced and repaired all their own package trucks. They used Fram oil filters. I always thought UPS was a very efficient company so I have used Fram filters too.

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #8  
What is your tractor worth to you? The quality of Fram went down the toilet when Allied Signal bought them out. I would not touch them with a ten foot pole. If all you want to do is save a buck or two, I would thing twice about it. Other brands do exist.

JMHO.

/ BX24 Fram Filters..........
I have been using Fram filters on every vehicle I've ever had on the road and trail from cars, trucks, road bikes, atv's including motorcycles and they have never left me down. The key to keeping an engine in good working order is changing the oil at regular intervals and not letting it get like sludge or glue. There are (2) things that kill oil, dirt and additive breakdown from excessive heat. I have known people in the lubrication business that have used the same 20 gallons of oil for almost 200,000 miles (in one vehicle) and all they did was change it every 3000 miles, get it cleaned of all dirt particles, add additives back into it and put it back in the barrel for the next run. Filters are important but if changed every 3000 miles they become less of a factor.

My tractor is worth a bundle to me, and I guess since I won't be putting on an abundance of hours the cost of Kubota OEM filters won't be cost prohibitive at the time of service.

Thanks for all the input..........

Craig

/ BX24 Fram Filters.......... #10  
Years ago I worked part time at UPS. They serviced and repaired all their own package trucks. They used Fram oil filters. I always thought UPS was a very efficient company so I have used Fram filters too.

Years ago Fram was a good filter. Things have changed however.