Tax differents for off road and on road

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
What are the savings in taxes from on road to off road for your state? I checked one of oil dealers here and his was only $.13 and that sure doesn't seem right. I live in SE Missouri.

Thanks for any input, Lee

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #2  
In Oregon it's .24 cents

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #3  
In VA the state tax is $0.175/gal and the Federal is $0.244/gal

Brian

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #5  
The difference between off road and on road diesel prices vary from state to state. Off road you pay no Federal or State fuel road tax, but still pay state sales tax.

Sincerely, Dirtworksequip

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #6  
I believe its $0.38/per gallon here. Like said before it all has to do with the federal and state local road tax. If your state has high road tax it will be greater. If it has low road tax it will be less.

Chris

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #7  
Missouri has the lowest gas prices of all the neighboring states, and I attributed that to lower gas tax. It probably makes them money, because we always fill up at the borders when travelling through the state.

Chris

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #8  
The off road saves me the cost of going after fuel and the hassle of handling 5 gallon cans in addition to the tax savings.

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #9  
In VA the state tax is $0.175/gal and the Federal is $0.244/gal

Brian

As already mentioned, but I forgot to add in my original post - IF you arent charged fuels tax, you are charged sales tax (VA = 5%) on the off road fuel..

Brian

/ Tax differents for off road and on road #10  
Boy you get off cheap on Sales ~ Sales tax here is 7 percent.
As already mentioned, but I forgot to add in my original post - IF you arent charged fuels tax,
*you are charged sales tax (VA = 5%) on the off road fuel..

Brian
*You probably pay the (VA = 5%)sales tax on both the on and off road fuel.